cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping

Hello! 

Looking for a good contact person for this.

I'm in the US and recently sold to someone in Canada.  Problem is that the shipping amount that was charged to the buyer was $10.00 less than what it should have been.  I'm guessing the listing took the US price because it went to this hub in Illinois.  But when I printed out the label, I was charged $14.00, any suggestions on how I get my $10?

I've used the chat on eBay before asking why my label printed out an address in IL and not the Germany address (on a different sale) and the person who I was talking to had NO IDEA what I was talking about.  

This "shipping hub" thing kind of irks me. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: International Shipping

You don't.

The listing must have been misconfigured.

Idk why shipping to a US hub irks you.

It's important to make sure shipping settings are correct to avoid losses such as this.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Is this for the listing for the vintage 8mm reel?  I'm in Canada and I see a shipping charge of US$4.14 to Canada via USPS First Class International Large Envelope.  As @robbie31415 says, the listing was misconfigured by the looks of things.

This item would have been shipped directly to the buyer as the eBay International Service was not indicated in the listing.  I may have found the wrong listing.

When you use eBay International Shipping, you'd be printing out a domestic shipping label, @madfor2.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

You listed it in the wrong category.

You listed in Collectables and Art, which doesn't qualify for Media Mail.

If it had been listed in a category that qualified for Media Mail, you could have bought a shipping label for Media Mail.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thank you, I pulled the category from another seller and I did not know this fact.  Lesson learned.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

You do have the right one and international shipping was on there as that was one of the first things that I looked for.  Someone else commented that I had it under the incorrect category for media mail.  Wish the post would have rejected or warned me.

I do appreciate your message!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

It irks me because I watched the videos about it after I printed out a label that was supposed to have a Germany address on it have an Illinois address on it.  I talked to someone on chat about it and not knowing anything about it, said they would get back to me and I never received anything.  

I have a friend who sells he told me that his sale went to the hub, repackaged and damaged.

Thank you for your message!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@madfor2 wrote:

You do have the right one and international shipping was on there as that was one of the first things that I looked for.  Someone else commented that I had it under the incorrect category for media mail.  Wish the post would have rejected or warned me.

I do appreciate your message!

You could still ship it Media Mail, you just couldn't buy the shipping label through Ebay.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

None of your listings ship with eIS. They all say Worldwide, you have to fill out customs forms pay international fees, such as currency conversion. Unless your buyer is using a freight forwarder in Illinois.
Sellers who use eIS don't have to deal with any of that. You also need to qualify for eIS and opt in  to use it. 
Shipping worldwide is not the same as eBay's International Shipping.

Shipping with eIS looks like the one on the top.

Yours is the second one...see the difference?

IMG_1430.jpeg

IMG_1431.png

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

You could still ship it Media Mail, you just couldn't buy the shipping label through Ebay.

Not in this case, @kensgiftshop.  This item isn't handled through eBay International Shipping--the seller is shipping directly to Canada--and Media Mail isn't an option for international mail.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@madfor2 wrote:

You do have the right one and international shipping was on there as that was one of the first things that I looked for. 

@ebooksdiva explained it pretty well, @madfor2.  That listing offered international shipping.  However, it did not specify the eBay International Shipping service.  If you ship internationally, you have two options:  Ship it directly to the buyer and avoid using the "hub" that your friend doesn't like, or else ship it to Illinois through eBay International Shipping and have the item forwarded to its destination from there.

@madfor2 wrote:

Someone else commented that I had it under the incorrect category for media mail.  Wish the post would have rejected or warned me.

eBay's programming is not sophisticated enough to recognize what a specific item is unless the item is the same as the category in which it's listed.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Keep in mind shipping from the USA to Canada is cheaper than other countries. We in the USA do get a little break in shipping to Canada. Shipping to Germany or any other country will be higher than Canada...per my clerks tell me at the post office all the time.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I was able to buy the shipping label through eBay though :). 

I made a mistake and I thank everyone for the messages!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Yes, I do see the difference.  This is interesting as I have an email from eBay telling me I can use this eis and I have a banner above the international shipping area that says I could use it.  So I have been under the impression that I was using it.  I will have to try and figure out how to get it on there.  My only options are Worldwide and Canada.  I’m guessing I have something else miss marked.

Appreciate the work you did!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply