cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought the booties and got absolutely another ugly model how to get money back?

I have a problem . 

i bought the booties , but seller send me absolutely wrong ugly model. 

unfortunately i can't return them because it was send to my friends and they send it to me to another country, so now return them will cost me in twice more than their cost 😞 please help me to get my money back or make sure that seller will send me booties that i ordered... 

i really appresiate any help or suggestions what i can do here,  as i'm very upset... it suppose to be my present for New Year holidays and now it is big disappointment... i'm crying.... 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: I bought the booties and got absolutely another ugly model how to get money back?

You need to return them to get a refund.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: I bought the booties and got absolutely another ugly model how to get money back?

If they were reshipped then you can't return them..............

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

They can be returned but they have to be shipped from the receiving address. OP would have to ship them to their friends house and then have their friend get a return label and ship them back.

Having a friend forward isn't the same as having a forwarding company do it. It is impossible to ship an item back to a forwardi g company and have them waste their time to cooperate with a return request. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@fossil_diver wrote:

They can be returned but they have to be shipped from the receiving address. OP would have to ship them to their friends house and then have their friend get a return label and ship them back.

Having a friend forward isn't the same as having a forwarding company do it. It is impossible to ship an item back to a forwardi g company and have them waste their time to cooperate with a return request. 

Guess I have always got lucky then. Anytime a buyer has opened a return request and they admit they had item reshipped in correspondance eBay has closed the case in my favor.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@fossil_diver wrote:

EBay’s policy isn’t that buyer protection is void for forwarding companies.  It’s that it’s void of the item is forwarded to another address.  It doesn’t matter how it was forwarded the buyer protection is void.   The buyer can file with PayPal but they will need to pay return shipping 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Open a snad case and have your friend return the booties. Don't give anymore info other than wrong item sent because it maybe a Scammy seller who would do anything to weasel out of the return.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I guess everyone suggesting to file a snad and have the friend return them is missing the part in the op where the buyer says return shipping would cost more than it’s worth.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The OP had the friend ship it out of the US, and in this SNAD scenario, the seller is only on the hook for issuing a domestic return label, OP is responsible for getting the item back to the US, and it isn't worth the international shipping expense.

Could have all been avoided by having the friend make sure the item was undamaged, and was the correct item before shipping it internationally.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Have you considered a chargeback?
Message 10 of 10
latest reply