cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print 'Shipping Label' by using eBay ?

Hello:

For years, as a seller I printed my own shipping Labels by using my own Shipping template.

Now, I however have been interested in 'Print Shipping Label' at the top of 'sold items.

How to print 'shipping Label' by using eBay successfully?

Thanks for your help in advance. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to print 'Shipping Label' by using eBay ?

On your sellers page there will be a list of your sold items. To the left of each item is a "print label" clickable link. Click that. Now you will need to make a basic set up first. You will need to set your shipping address and, at the bottom of the page, a payment method.

From there it is click and ship.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

On your sellers page there will be a list of your sold items. To the left of each item is a "print label" clickable link. Click that. Now you will need to make a basic set up first. You will need to set your shipping address and, at the bottom of the page, a payment method.

From there it is click and ship.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the help.  I applied it a minute ago and printed shipping label.  

One thing about which I concern is the buyer paid more than $200 and a package is less than $10 which includes Insurance to cover.  I live in MD and the buyer is Texas.  On my own shipping template,  the shipping cost for that, further down the South is at least $13. 

Then, if the USPS clerk told me eBay shipping is an right amount, what should I do?  

Do I need to bring it back to the home and re-do it for shipping?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

eBay shipping charges you a commercial shipping rate which is less expensive than had you bought postage at the post office.

You can see the ebay prices on the listing form by going to the shipping section. Next to 'Services' there is a calculated shipping link that you can click on and if you enter the information there  you will be able to see the difference between the ebay prices and the post office retail prices.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

When you purchase/print the label you can choose not to display the amount paid for the label.

Sometimes good that a buyer does not see what you paid.

Sometimes good that the clerk does not see.  Some have been known to be confused by the difference in postage costs "online" as opposed to "retail" pricing. They should just scan acceptance. The "verification system" along the way will (should) take care of any problems, and charge you/refund you accordingly.

In some instances, before scanning, a clerk may see that you made an error such a a 1st Class label on a Priority box, and do a courtesy return back to you for correction, but in actuality they are just to sac, and send it on the way. 

If one were to be handed back you can come home to print a correct label, and void (within 120 hours of purchase) the previously purchased label. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the help/response.  I REALLY appreciate ALL.

One more thing about which I can not understand is 'Dimentions.'

Package Size:

Weight:  1 oz

Size/Dimentions:  1 in x 1 in x 1 in

However, actually size is: 5 in (width) x 8 in(Height)

Do I need to correct both of its sizes? 

Thanks, 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You don't HAVE to correct the dimensions, but it's good to get into the habit of entering accurate dimensions.  The package dimensions won't affect USPS postage rates unless (1) package volume is over 1 cubic foot (1728 cubic inches) or (2) length is over 22 inches.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the response/help.

One more thing about which I'd like to ask is:

What kind of 'scale' in order to weight the sold items correctly?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply