cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change automatically generated return label settings?

Hello,

I am trying to change from USPS to either UPS or FedEx for my buyer return labels. Is it possible? I require buyers to pay return shipping, but the label that eBay provides them is always USPS and they sometimes pay WAY more than they should've to return the item. I am trying to help my buyers save money and not get screwed by this...  The items I sell are generally large and sometimes heavy, so I always ship with UPS or FedEx.  How can I change the carrier settings for my automatic return labels?

This may have been answered somewhere already, but I am not having any luck finding the answers.

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can go into your selling preferences - returns and require a RMA. Then you will have some time to send your own label rather than have ebay send one automatically.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@rockyroadautomotivellc wrote:

I require buyers to pay return shipping, but the label that eBay provides them is always USPS

The advice provided by PJ works if you are the one purchasing the return labels (free returns policy)  @rockyroadautomotivellc .

But if you have buyer-pays returns set up then there is no option to offer another carrier. eBay-generated return labels are currently USPS-exclusive. (There was a short-lived test with FedEx that was a disaster.)

The only thing you can do in that situation is let your buyers know they may get a less expensive rate buying a label from FedEx or UPS and uploading tracking to the return rather than using a USPS label they purchase through the eBay return.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for your response. I do try to always mention to buyers that they can return it anyway they choose (FedEx, UPS), but most will still settle for the auto-generated USPS label because its easier for them.

I appreciate your help. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

When a buyer is returning an item for "not as described", isn't the seller required to pay for that label?  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

When a buyer is returning an item for "not as described", isn't the seller required to pay for that label? 

The word d-e-s-c-r-i-b-e does not appear @soh.maryl anywhere else in this topic?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Under "Return carrier," you can choose between USPS, UPS, and FedEx. Click on the option you prefer (in your case, either UPS or FedEx).
Once you've selected the carrier, make sure to scroll down and click "Save" to save your preferences.
By making this change, when a buyer initiates a return, they should now receive a return label for the carrier you selected (UPS or FedEx) instead of USPS. This should help your buyers avoid paying more than necessary for return shipping on large and heavy items, as UPS and FedEx may offer more cost-effective options for such items.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply