cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get ahold of ebay?

I filed a complaint on ebay about an item I bought several weeks ago, that was not as described.  I purchased a pink hand-mixer and was sent a red one.  I wrote to the seller and asked him to please send me a label to return it and to send me the pink one.  I never heard back from him.  So I filed a complaint with ebay and sent them pictures of the red mixer that I received.

On Sept 9, they sent me a message that they had found in my favor and the funds would be put back in my Paypal account within 48 hours.  It is now Sept 14th and the money has still not been put back into my account.  I went to the resolution links, but you get one link after another, which gets you to issues that don't apply.  I tried just sending an email to ebay.com, but got no response.  Does anyone know how to actually contact them?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do you get ahold of ebay?

Bottom of the page ---> site map

Bottom of site map: Customer service - Contact ebay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Bottom of the page ---> site map

Bottom of site map: Customer service - Contact ebay

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thank you Wishforthat.  That led me to a phone number that I was able to call and resolve the problem.  What happened was that the refund was put back to my Visa card, not my Paypal account.  I never even thought to look at Visa because I usually pay with the funds in my Paypal account.  Again, thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Glad you got that sorted out.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

So, you kept the red one, AND got your money back?  What a deal!!!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I have posted elsewhere, that I am more than happy to send the red one back to the seller if he wants to pay for shipping.  That's what I asked for in the first place.  I don't know whether he doesn't check his messages, but he has been sent several in regards to this transaction.  If I hear from him that he is willing to send me a return shipping label, I will be happy to send it back to him.   It was not my fault that the wrong product was sent to me. 

The pink one is what I bought.   The red one is what I received.  Not even the same model. 

mixer.jpgred.jpg

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

... Lealta, imo the fact that the seller never contacted You about the matter speaks for itself ... and if the seller didn't respond with details as to the inad case, the matter more than speaks for itself ...

... Glad that Ya had it squared away ...

... and imo, sometimes, the Best way to Sell on eBay is to actually Buy here as well.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Pink is not red. Color is important to me too, Lealta, so I understand why you wanted to return it, and not on your dime. 

I am not what you think I am. You are what you think I am.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks TCM.  The only reason I bought this one was because it was pink.  I have a white one that is on its last legs.  But I've wanted a pink one since I remodeled my kitchen and made it all pink and gray. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I love pink but don't especially like red.  If it isn't worth the cost of return shipping to the seller he should expect that you would get your refund AND not have to return the wrong item at your own expense.  Now you can buy the correct pink one from another seller and if this seller decides to foot the bill for the red one you don't want anyway  you can send it back.  Otherwise give it to someone for Christmas or resell it on ebay.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@presprintandpub wrote:

So, you kept the red one, AND got your money back?  What a deal!!!

heart

"Donald Trump gave up his wealth for America. Joe Biden gave up America for his wealth."
Message 11 of 11
latest reply