cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I skip ebays printing label?

I want to take my item to the local post office and ship it, because I know it will be cheaper then what eBay wants me to pay to print a label. How do I go about this?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: How do I skip ebays printing label?

@thingamabobs* 

Huying postage at the retail counter is the most expensive. 
You can print labels through PayPal or Pirateship. eBay doesn’t always offer all the shipping options available, but the two sites I mentioned and probably others, will have other options. 

Just be sure the tracking number is manually entered so you will be covered if the buyer says it never arrived. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

you have got to be kidding me

you need help with shipping a package at the PO

using the post office is a waste of money and time

print the cheaper label at home and drop it off

april 1st is gone

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Assuming this is regarding the card you sold, are you wanting to just drop it in the mail with a stamp?  If so, you would have no tracking and therefore no proof of delivery should the buyer claim they didn't receive it.

You are certainly free to do this if you choose.  Just be aware of the risk.  

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Not sure where you got your info, but eBay shipping labels are less expensive than the PO, sometimes substantially. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

eBay's prices are indeed lower than those at the PO, but only for services that are sold in both places (except for Media Mail, which costs the same).  OP's only Sold listing is for a trading card and shows a $1.00 shipping and handling fee, so apparently the OP intends to mail it as a letter.  

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@aprilmoviebuf2000 wrote:

Assuming this is regarding the card you sold, are you wanting to just drop it in the mail with a stamp?  If so, you would have no tracking and therefore no proof of delivery should the buyer claim they didn't receive it.

The card was sold for a Best Offer that was less than $5.  Not worth the investment to mail as a package with tracking; most sellers of such low-value items choose to take the risk.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Ignore eBay's suggestion to print label. After your visit to the post office, from the drop down menu next to the sold item, enter your tracking # and the sold item will update as shipped OR mark as shipped from the same drop down. (Reminder: this is an out of pocket expense to you until eBay deposits your funds).

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

eBay standard envelope

53 cents with tracking and $20 free insurance.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Apparently the item was not listed in an eligible subcategory.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@aprilmoviebuf2000 wrote:

The card was sold for a Best Offer that was less than $5.  Not worth the investment to mail as a package with tracking; most sellers of such low-value items choose to take the risk.

I realize that.  Which is why I stated to the OP that they are free to do that if they choose.  

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@dreamweaverwith2 wrote:

Ignore eBay's suggestion to print label. After your visit to the post office, from the drop down menu next to the sold item, enter your tracking # and the sold item will update as shipped OR mark as shipped from the same drop down. (Reminder: this is an out of pocket expense to you until eBay deposits your funds).

Especially if they ship it from the post office - it will be a lot more out of pocket!

I'd just put it in an envelope with a bit of cardboard for stiffening, slap a couple of stamps on it and ship it. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I shipped one item w/o tracking in recent months (east coast to west coast) and it stressed me out too much. I can't bring myself to do it again lol. Thankfully all went well.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply