cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I file a claim when INR due to misdelivery?

How do I file a claim and get my money back on an item that was never delivered to me because it was misdelivered?  IF I file an INR, eBay will revert to the tracking info which shows "Item delivered at mailbox."  It wasn't. 

To preemptively answer the typical questions: No one else in the household, I checked mailbox within 40-minutes of the time it was stamped as delivered, their are no porch pirates in this neighborhood and they certainly would not have been around at the time it shows delivered as it was a torrential downpour and no none of the neighbors have it.

I checked with the USPS and the GPS tracking shows that the item was scanned delivered on a different street than mine.  So the USPS messed up the delivery and isn't the seller responsible for their shipper and any errors?

I have contacted the seller and heard nothing in response.  Seem like I have already expended energy that the seller should have done?

So how do I work within the eBay system to get a refund?

Message 1 of 127
latest reply
126 REPLIES 126

Re: How do I file a claim when INR due to misdelivery?

I was looking for this information and thanks for posting it as I was trying to find out how to get the GPS data.  I didn't know that I could go to my local post office to request the GPS location where my package got delivered in another city or state. I had queried the OP  for information on how to get the GPS data but didn't appreciate the abrasive response.  No wonder another respondent thought he was seller bashing.

Message 121 of 127
latest reply

Admittedly late to the party here, but my 2 cents....

In my USPS zip, they have a different carrier delivering packages since we don’t have a dedicated route person anymore. She parks her van at the end of the street and scans all the packages “delivered in or at mailbox”. Then she takes an armful and goes down one side of the street, then back to van to get another armload. She doesn’t even take the scanner with her, she scans them all at one time. I flagged her down because I had gotten a text alert that my package was delivered and she she was about to drive off. She said “ I was just about to bring it to you”. Right.

Took her a few minutes to find it and I suspect it had slipped under the seat. 

FedEx does the same thing but they take it a step further. They forge your signature on Sig Required so you have absolutely no recourse. 

Both the postmaster at my station and the FedEx office say these practices are OK and they take the side of the drivers. Overworked, understaffed, blah blah. 

Message 122 of 127
latest reply

I am thankful that we live in a large town  in a residential neighborhood.  Our postal workers drive to each house to pick up and leave mail in mailboxes on the street.  They do get out and bring bigger packages to the door. The only problem we have is rampant problem with mailbox and porch thefts.  I have security cameras but still have lost a number of items.  We know when our mail gets delivered so I try to get out there quickly.  We also have a couple of different carriers so I have made a point of getting acquainted so that they know not to hand my packages off to anyone but me. A few years ago my postman handed a new cell phone to someone in that was standing in my driveway.  This was an $800+ cellphone and the seller didn't bother requesting signature confirmation. 

Message 123 of 127
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coco9619 wrote:

@green-night wrote:

So you are saying that eBay confirms via "contact information" that the documentation they receive is legit? 

But the requirements for that documentation, however, keeps changing. Compare them today with this answer from 2017, an eon ago.

Hi @coco9619, the link you provided leads to a reply from me that outlines the same requirements - official company letterhead, a signature of an employee, and contact information to validate the documentation received. I've personally made calls to verify the documentation we've received on numerous occasions and can assure you that we do not accept documentation that cannot be verified. I'm not sure what misunderstanding may have occurred, but nothing has changed about our requirements for valid supporting documents. @green-night, I hope this response addresses your concerns. 

Additionally, I do want to clarify that the Community Team does not monitor the boards on the weekends so any post you submit Friday afternoon/evening may not be reviewed until the following week. The primary role of the Community Team is to monitor for trends and communicate feedback from our users to the appropriate teams within eBay - we are not able to respond to every post where we are @mentioned, and generally do not respond to requests for clarification when we have answered the question being asked earlier in the thread or another poster responds with the correct information. We work to clarify policy when possible, but if we are unable to respond the next best course of action is to contact Customer Service for further assistance.

Message 124 of 127
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just like to share , A while back I had a package from fedex that said delivered , but it wasnt at my door, I called fedex first and they looked it up and noticed it had the wrong address, a number had been added by fedex not by the seller... I messaged the seller and had them call and they refunded me for the lost package...

About a month and a half ago I had a Usps first class package marked delivered to my address(zip and town) but it didn't arrive, I called my po and found out it was not  even delivered to their post office and could not have been delivered to me. I was told by the po they would look for it... I contacted the Seller and informed her.... about a week later my po said they could not locate the package and have the seller call my po and talk to the post master. I ask the seller to call... But she just added the tracking number to the case and Ebay closed it on me....... I didnt know at the time I could get a gps

, I did try to appeal  the case to ebay , It wouldn't let me and just denied me without even asking for any info or gps info...... My point is. I did not get my package and the seller just never answered  my messages.  Had the seller called  My Post office as I had asked , I already did all the work. we might have fixed this mess and i could have been refunded. In the end , Seller got to keep funds, Ebay got to close case, My post office told me to file a claim, which i couldn't do on line i tried.....

I NEVER GOT MY PACKAGE OR A REFUND.  (This is the First and only package I have ever had lost by Usps )misdelivered I am also a Seller and would have never did what this seller did to me, I would have tried to locate the package.....( It was a 4 dollar package total... I just gave up..)

Message 125 of 127
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would just like to share , A while back I had a package from fedex that said delivered , but it wasnt at my door, I called fedex first and they looked it up and noticed it had the wrong address, a number had been added by fedex not by the seller... I messaged the seller and had them call and they refunded me for the lost package...

About a month and a half ago I had a Usps first class package marked delivered to my address(zip and town) but it didn't arrive, I called my po and found out it was not  even delivered to their post office and could not have been delivered to me. I was told by the po they would look for it... I contacted the Seller and informed her.... about a week later my po said they could not locate the package and have the seller call my po and talk to the post master. I ask the seller to call... But she just added the tracking number to the case and Ebay closed it on me....... I didnt know at the time I could get a gps

, I did try to appeal  the case to ebay , It wouldn't let me and just denied me without even asking for any info or gps info...... My point is. I did not get my package and the seller just never answered  my messages.  Had the seller called  My Post office as I had asked , I already did all the work. we might have fixed this mess and i could have been refunded. In the end , Seller got to keep funds, Ebay got to close case, My post office told me to file a claim, which i couldn't do on line i tried.....

I NEVER GOT MY PACKAGE OR A REFUND.  (This is the First and only package I have ever had lost by Usps )misdelivered I am also a Seller and would have never did what this seller did to me, I would have tried to locate the package.....( It was a 4 dollar package total... I just gave up..)

Hi @Anonymous, though it seems we are beyond the timeframe for you to appeal the case at this time, in the future you can contact Customer Service to open an appeal in situations like this. From there you could provide the supporting documents that show the item was not successfully delivered and we could work to ensure you are protected. 

At this time since the option to appeal is no longer available, you would need to either work with the seller directly or open an investigation with PayPal. The tracking information is the industry standard for investigations of an item not being received, but additional documentation from the courier that states the package was not delivered to you may be used if you have it available.

Message 126 of 127
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you . Will do If I ever go through this again,  Now I know how to handle it!

Message 127 of 127
latest reply