cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can a buyer open an item not received case when it hasn't even had 24-hours to get to them

I cannot tell you how mad I am at eBay right now. A buyer opened an item not received case when the item was bought on Sunday and the case was opened on Tuesday morning, early afternoon. This platform is plain stupid at this point in time.

I have provided tracking and sent a message to the buyer to say it hasn't had a chance to get there. I have called eBay several times and they cannot do anything. This is plain abuse by the buyer and eBay needs to fix this issue right now. They should close the case and give the buyer another chance later on to open it if it hasn't gotten to them. Also eBay should do something to the buyer because they are abusing the system as a whole. 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: How can a buyer open an item not received case when it hasn't even had 24-hours to get to them

Was the case opened through PayPal?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Re: How can a buyer open an item not received case when it hasn't even had 24-hours to get to them

@computeraidllc wrote:
I also physically shipped it First Class because it was cheaper and faster to get to them. The listing has it as Media Mail with an option to pay for the faster service. I essentially upgrades the shipping.

Media Mail takes usually 7-10 business days to get to the buyer. So eBay's system might be factoring in you to be 10 business days away and my buyer 7 business days. Since it was bought on Sunday that would be 2 days difference.

I hate to tell you this but for me it's showing fast n free and guranteed delivery sept 30th even still today sometimes seems off 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

No. I am in managed payments. It was opened on eBay. If it was opened on PayPal it would be against eBay's account and would show for me as a charge back. This case was totally opened on eBay.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

That wouldn't necessarily surprise me if something was off. It seems like eBay is getting more and more broken.
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

@computeraidllc wrote:
Also, the estimated delivery date is September 30.

For this transaction?  Because it shows me a estimate of sept 30 if I buy one today 

Maybe eBay is on a Sept 30 theme today:)

Check this out. I know why it happens, but still a bit stupid to get a buyer all excited.

shipping estimate same day.jpg

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

@computeraidllc wrote:
Also, the estimated delivery date is September 30.

For this transaction?  Because it shows me a estimate of sept 30 if I buy one today 

Maybe eBay is on a Sept 30 theme today:)

Check this out. I know why it happens, but still a bit stupid to get a buyer all excited.

shipping estimate same day.jpg

Yep totally Broken even if if is working the way it's intended it's broken 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@computeraidllc wrote:
I also physically shipped it First Class because it was cheaper and faster to get to them. The listing has it as Media Mail with an option to pay for the faster service. I essentially upgrades the shipping.

Media Mail takes usually 7-10 business days to get to the buyer. So eBay's system might be factoring in you to be 10 business days away and my buyer 7 business days. Since it was bought on Sunday that would be 2 days difference.

I hate to tell you this but for me it's showing fast n free and guranteed delivery sept 30th even still today sometimes seems off 

@computeraidllc wrote:
That wouldn't necessarily surprise me if something was off. It seems like eBay is getting more and more broken.

@computeraidllc 

You might want to read the following post:

New "Buisness Policy" page - Thanks for messing up my listings Ebay!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-quot-Buisness-Policy-quot-page-Thanks-for-messing-up-my/m-...

The reason being that this seller had some really weird things happen to his shipping terms in all of his listings.  I am not sure if anything similar happened to you. 

"(He) was in (his) account settings, seen new link "Business Policy", click(ed) it - and all heck broke loose in regards to his shipping terms...it's crazy when you read it.

All sellers should be made aware of this "Business Policy" link and apparently avoid clicking onto it. Smiley Indifferent

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

I set my business policies up years ago. I just check my own listing and it says between September 28th and October 5th.
Message 23 of 28
latest reply

You also have to factor in this particular item has been sold for quite some time with no modifications to the listing other than quantity. The last change was made on September 3 and 3 have sold since then. Also the revision history shows it only changed the quantity. The last shipping change was on May 21, 2019. I have no clue how many have sold since that is past the 90 day window to see how many transactions have occurred. This isn't a new listing or have any major changes to it recently.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

@computeraidllc wrote:
I set my business policies up years ago. I just check my own listing and it says between September 28th and October 5th.

Okay, I was just checking because  nuclearomen did not make any changes either, eBay's system did it without his knowledge and I was wondering if something similar happened to you given all of these glitches as of late.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@computeraidllc wrote:

No. I am in managed payments. It was opened on eBay. If it was opened on PayPal it would be against eBay's account and would show for me as a charge back. This case was totally opened on eBay.

The reason I asked was that PayPal use to allow such cases to be opened within seconds of the buyer paying.  I never could understand their reasoning behind it though.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 26 of 28
latest reply

@computeraidllc wrote:

Wondering @computeraidllc if you've gone through these PayMan chargebacks, how do you resolve them, since you're not facing the actual PayPal dispute page?

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

I am assuming you mean Managed Payments charge back. I have been thru one and won the case. eBay has all the transaction information and communication and they will submit it to the financial institution. I also submitted paperwork from the USPS Post Master Inspector Generals office as well.

You have to call Managed Payments hotline to be able to submit more documents. It was smoother than PayPal as I have never one a case with PayPal with a chargeback.
Message 28 of 28
latest reply