cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How am I supposed to answer this question from a customer that used Global Shipping?

I received a strange question from a customer who purchased an item from me using Global Shipping and I'm uncertain of how to properly answer it. Any help would be appreciated. I know that once the item is delivered to Kentucky (which it is), I should not be held further liable for delivery issues, am I correct?

This is what the customer wrote:

"Hi Seller, I had received an email from Mr.Paranut Homjantuk (DHL TH) on July 8th,2021, to informing me of the Waybill No.3703759430.
They were the items I purchased from you.
Mr.Paranut asked me to contribute documents to hand over to custom officer for clearance of the purchased items. I had quickly sent all the documents required to Mr.Paranut.
As of yesterday July 14th, I had received an email from Mr.Paranut, telling me of the difficulties he had faced. I did not clearly understand. I called to speak to him, and was told that he was very busy. The telephone operator asked for my phone number and promised that she will have him call me back in the afternoon.
No one from DHL call me yesterday and not a call today. There were 4 corresponding emails between us concerning the purchased items, that was handled by your carrier. No progress had accomplished.
I am writing this long email to tell you that I had done the best I could on my part. It is your part to help me find out more."

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How am I supposed to answer this question from a customer that used Global Shipping?

I would simply tell them 'sorry, all I do on these listings is ship to Kentucky at the GSP headquarters. After that, I have no other dealing with the shipment. You can attempt to contact GSP (ebay's Global Shipping Program), which I have no idea how you do that, but is something you will need to do"

I personally, would not do anything else. 

Because none of this sounds like anything that makes any sense. There would not be a Mr. XXX contacting anyone regarding a shipment. It either passes through customs or it don't because the item is forbidden. 

You can double check what the item is compared to that country to be sure it is allowed to be imported into that country. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: How am I supposed to answer this question from a customer that used Global Shipping?

Your responsibility ended once item arrived at GSP location. At this point is between buyer and DHL TH. The buyer could google to find our Mr.Paranut Homjantuk  email address, it is paranut.homjantuk@dhl.com. He should also go to DHL, enter the tracking # and contact DHL from there.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@innovatilife Be very careful and tread lightly here. Yes your obligation ended at Kentucky but buyer has the lead here. They can still create an issue for you, they can create a return which would cost you more in return shipping, and they can leave you some horrible feedback for not helping them. 

The trick here is to keep your selling account in mind and reply politely. Apologize for any confusions, that's what people want to hear. Don't just blow them off with, this isn't your problem. Be sympathetic, handle them with kid gloves, be polite, and listen to their issues. Offer any advice you can think of. Always keep in mind the buyer holds the keys here. Best of luck to you....

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I am a seller and my response to buyer will read something like this.

Contents of your message noted and I have looked into this for you.

I have not been contacted by eBay or GSP to ask for any additional information and as you purchased & paid postage to eBay's global shipping programme (GSP) unfortunately eBay and DHL will not accept any instructions regarding this shipment from me and you are advised to contact DHL in your country and or eBay's customer service in your country & advise them that shipment is through GSP and they  can and will discuss your shipment with you and they will be able to help/ assist you.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you require any further information or assistance from me.

I sincerely hope that your item is delivered soon.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply