cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Does The Buyer Have To Ship Back A Return?

I approved a return on May 4th and it is now May 26th and the buyer has yet to send back the item. So it has been 22 days. I am already skeptical about the return and think I may be being scammed. How long do I have to wait before the return can be voided?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: How Long Does The Buyer Have To Ship Back A Return?

Your buyer had 5 business days to get the return tracking started.

You can call the next day to get the case closed and your money back.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Afaik, the buyer only has seven business days to ship the item out to you. You should be able to close that return request any time now.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Both responses are wrong. It's whatever you agree to when listing the item. For a Power Seller to receive a rating to get a discount they recently moved form 14 days to 30 days. I had one returned on day 24 which I had to accept but did not have to refund if not returned in condition it was shipped. It was so I refunded the buyer. If it had not, such as  stained or tags removed, I have no idea what happens in a case like that. I have had more than one buyer initiate a return and not ship the item back. In that case I just asked ebay to close it out. In another case the buyer tried to return after 45 days and again ebay closed it out upon my request. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@surprisingfindings wrote:

I approved a return

How long do I have to wait before the return can be voided?

@sandandtone, see the last paragraph, conveniently bolded ... by eBay!

https://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html#process

To return an item for a refund, replacement, or exchange:

1. Find the item ...

2. Select the reason ...

3. If photos of the item ...

4. Depending on ...

5. Pack the item carefully. Include the packing slip, apply the shipping label, and send the item back to the seller. You must return the item within 5 business days of requesting the return.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

That means the buyer has 5 days to put a tracking number on the item or the return is voided. They can request a return on day 25 after receiveing it but it has to be trackable by day 30 if that's what you agreed to. Same for 7 and 14 days returns. Again, when you list it's what you put on your listing.  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@surprisingfindings

Call ebay , tell them close the case
You approved return , once you approve the return they  asked the buyer to get it back by a certain time frame if  they didn't return it in time you call and close it.

Just finished one myself , buyer had until May 19th I waited until May 21st
I called it's closed , done finished .
No they can't reopen a case with ebay up until  14/30 day return , once opened ship back or seller closes case.
It has nothing to do with my 30day return police once a case is opened the buyer is given a return by date . Over done !

They can file for a return up until 30days from delivery but once a case is opened and you  closed they lose, unless they go to Paypal under the 180 days.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@sandandtone wrote:

That means the buyer has 5 days to put a tracking number on the item or the return is voided. They can request a return on day 25 after receiveing it but it has to be trackable by day 30 if that's what you agreed to. Same for 7 and 14 days returns. Again, when you list it's what you put on your listing.  

Let's start with the op has a no return policy. So either this was just the seller being nice and accepting a remorse return anyhow or it's a not as described return   Not as described return the buyer would have had to open a return case within 30 days after delivery   According to the op a return case was opened 22 days ago.  Once a return case is opened and accepted and a label provided (if it is SNAD) the buyer has 5 days to get the item mailed   Again According to the op that doesn't seem to have happened  which means the other advice is correct the buyer is past their time limit   The seller can get this closed 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Mine was a remorse not snad & ebay still gave a time limit for the buyer to return it

rma return 2.JPG

rma return 1.jpg

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

Mine was a remorse not snad & ebay still gave a time limit for the buyer to return it

rma return 2.JPG

rma return 1.jpg

Sorry if my post was confusing.  I know that even with a remorse return the buyer still only has five days to return once a return is accepted.  I was meaning if it's a snad a label has to be provided.  I should have put the If it's snad in the ( ) part too I guess 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

No problem just wanted OP to know that either one they can close it.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply