cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I print a PACKING SLIP before getting paid?

I just noticed the wrong title on my last question- I'm trying to print a PACKING SLIP, so I can invoice the buyer. I have the address, but Ebay neither lets me click on print a shipping label (to get to the packing slip link), nor Order Details (since the order has not been paid).

I used to be able to print a slip PRIOR to getting paid. Is this feature no longer available?

Thanks

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: How Can I print a PACKING SLIP before getting paid?

It doesn't make any sense to print a packing slip. 

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

chrysylys- i assume you and many other responders are relative newbies. I have been on ebay since the start. my first business was in 1976. i will sometimes pack prior to being paid if I know the buyer will pay, and their address, also, if they will pay late I might pack to have the item safely packed, waiting. and i pack early when i have the time, that way, when my known repeat buyers pay (after the weekend) their item is ready to ship, no delay.

hope this helps.

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

partial*eclipse- my assumption is you and other responders are relative newbies. I have been selling on ebay since it began. my first retail store (that also shipped) was in 1976.

I am trying to print a packing slip to pre-pack the item so it ois ready and waiting when the buyer pays (a repeat buyer, whose address I am well familiar with). 

I am getting weird answers (I suspect) because no one knows, and would prefer to "teach" me how to run my business, and to hide their ignorance, rather than simply saying they don't know.

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

sam9876- I am responding to those who could not answer my question, and who seem to not understand the ways of selling.

I print a packing slip for ALL my shipments, I suggest you do also. If the package is damaged or opened by mistake and the mailing label lost, a packing slip could help resolve the issue.

Also, it lets the buyer know WHO bought WHAT, when for what price.

They are simply helpful in all sorts of ways

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

I have been selling over $1.4M every year on eBay since 2000 and have never printed a packing slip.

They seem like a complete waste of paper, ink, and time.

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

FYI, a packing slip does not have any prices on it.

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

Those responders are not newbies. They are far from new. Many posters use a posting ID or use their buying ID here. Anyway, I do print packing slips for all my sales in case the label gets lost or damaged & ive never been able to print one before the item is paid. I really don't think you can. It's to protect you from shipping unpaid items. If you figure it out would you come back & tell us how you did it? I'm very curious to know if it can be done.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 22 of 32
latest reply

My packing slips have all the prices on them. Maybe you are new, I thought you'd been around a while but I could be wrong.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 23 of 32
latest reply

My packing slip with prices for sam9876

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Mr/Mrs McGruf,

Still have no clue why a packing slip would be needed in order to send an invoice, but if you want one to put in your packaged item you can click on print shipping label and there is a link there to print the packing slip before they pay.

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

@mcgurf wrote:

partial*eclipse- my assumption is you and other responders are relative newbies. I have been selling on ebay since it began. my first retail store (that also shipped) was in 1976.

I am trying to print a packing slip to pre-pack the item so it ois ready and waiting when the buyer pays (a repeat buyer, whose address I am well familiar with). 

I am getting weird answers (I suspect) because no one knows, and would prefer to "teach" me how to run my business, and to hide their ignorance, rather than simply saying they don't know.

Your assumptions on ALL counts is 100% wrong here. You aren't getting weird answers. No one is critiquing, only questioning. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 26 of 32
latest reply

@mg152 wrote:
My packing slips have all the prices on them. Maybe you are new, I thought you'd been around a while but I could be wrong.

Traditionally packing slips do not show prices.  They are simply an itemized list of the enclosed items.  You have the option to show prices or not with eBay packing slips. 

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

An invoice includes prices.

A packing slip does not.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

You assume they're going to pay .. at all.

You assume they're going to want then item shipped to their address and not somewhere else.

You assume they're not going to buy something else and want to combine shipping.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 29 of 32
latest reply

@mcgurf wrote:

partial*eclipse- my assumption is you and other responders are relative newbies. ...I am trying to print a packing slip to pre-pack the item so it ois ready and waiting when the buyer pays ....

Your assumption is incorrect. I have been selling on eBay since 1999.  All of my items are packed for shipping before I even list them, to ensure that I enter the correct package weight when using the shipping calculator.  

After I am paid for the item, when I go to the page for purchasing the shipping label, I click on the link for printing the packing slip at the top of that page, so it can be printing out while I scan over the label information to make sure that the eBay gremlins haven't changed it.  

Your story has changed a bit since the original post where you wrote, "I'm trying to print a PACKING SLIP, so I can invoice the buyer".  Now you don't seem to have any plans about invoicing, it's just about packing. I print my packing slip at the same time as I print my shipping label, drop it into the box and tape everything up. I still see no need to make a whole extra step out of it so far in advance.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply