cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me

I have sold an item to a buyer and the individual receive the item has my funds on hold, and now the individual is asking for me to do a refund. The item I sent to the individual is a speaker and the speaker was fully functional when the individual received the speaker individual said it was complete garbage and it did not work and I tested out the item before sending it out and I offered the individual a refund but, I also told the individual to send me back the item now the buyer is asking for me too send a return label I told you buyer that I do not have the option to do that if anyone has any help will be gladly appreciated, it’s been a back and fort argument since December 8 of last year 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Help me

Has the buyer filed for a return or did they just message you about it?

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

They just messaged me

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Speaker wire internals can come 'undone' easily during the 'thrown around numerous times during the shipping process'...meaning selling 'electronics and you testing it does NOT mean it didn't work when buyer received. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Since they haven't filed for a return yet, you can either wait to see if they do or tell the buyer to return for a refund, then see what happens.

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I have told the buyer twice that I do not have the option of doing a return label that they have to do it but the buyer is the demanding for me to do it

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

It’s a Bluetooth speaker and with a Bluetooth speaker, you have to charge it before it can work 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I have been telling the buyer that I can give them a refund. It seems like they don’t want the refund since they’re not accepting My offer of giving them one

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Their MBG on eBay has expired. Because of that you won't be forced by eBay to refund or furnish a return label.

They have 180 days to open a claim on PayPal if they paid that way. On PayPal the buyer is responsible for return shipping.

They can also file a chargeback with their credit card co. 

Since you have no way of knowing how they paid you should tell the buyer to please return it for a refund, and it's the last time you're telling him to return it.   That when it's  returned you will refund.

I believe they didn't pay with PayPal or their credit card or else they would have filed through them by now.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

The date the item arrived with the buyer...that is the countdown of how many days there are for a return...there are 30 days a buyer has for a refund beginning the day they received the item. Check the tracking to see when item arrived. If the item arrived within 30 days you have to issue a refund.

If this is the account you used to sell the item...eBay...not the buyer...puts a hold on your funds for 30 days as a new seller.

Because there is a hold on your sale funds...a shipping label would have to come out of your banking account...and the refund also would come out of your banking account.

If the buyer has not opened a claim...then I suggest not refunding until a claim is opened.

I suggest to wait to see if buyer opens a claim first...and hold off on the emails back and forth.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

The buyer hasn’t even paid me yet. My funds are on hold. And he is asking me for a return label

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

each time I text the buyer the buyer won’t text me back until three or more days later continue asking for me to send the individual a return label

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@toayo-ol0 wrote:

It’s a Bluetooth speaker and with a Bluetooth speaker, you have to charge it before it can work 

@toayo-ol0 

The speaker STILL has internal wires and electronics that can do as I stated. 

Also, buyer needs to 'open' an 'official' return and if the reason is one of the items shown below, THEN you will provide a return label (and be forced to even though you DO NOT accept returns). 

In the meantime, stop 'messaging' or 'texting' the buyer and just wait to see if they open a return. If they don't, you don't have to do anything. Return Reasons.jpg

Message 13 of 13
latest reply