cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Buyer won't return item, threatens to destroy it instead of returning it. He misused returns.

hilltopshoes
Adventurer

I sold an authentic Adidas pair of shoes to a buyer in Albuquerque NM. Upon receiving the item he said that the shoes are fake (which they are not and I have given him proof of that)  and then he opened a false case of "Didn't get the item as described."

eBay closed the case in his favor in 24 hours! without considering any input from me. After I found out that he got a refund, I messaged him to send my item back but he is saying that he will DESTROY it instead of sending it back. Since then I've reported him 4 times and got NO RESPONSE from eBay. I can't even appeal of the return case!

This is ridiculous, this buyer has staright up STOLE from me an item of worth $175.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: HELP! Buyer won't return item, threatens to destroy it instead of returning it. He misused retur

I would like to apologize to everyone on this thread. Turns out eBay did not take any money out of my account.

I recently contacted eBay support on Facebook and they said I was not found at fault and the buyer will keep the item while I can keep the money.

I'm happy with their decision and I don't mind that the item I've sold to the buyer is worth a lot more than what he has paid.

Again, I'm really sorry to everyone here and to the eBay support for starting this thread without doing much research.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 21 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: HELP! Buyer won't return item, threatens to destroy it instead of returning it. He misused retur

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Did you or the buyer escalate the case to eBay ?   And then after escalating it was decided in 24 hours?  Or was a return request opened and it was decided in 24 hours without giving you time to accept the return?  You should get a few days to accept or escalate but escalating is a bad idea 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

@hilltopshoes wrote:

Upon receiving the item he said that the shoes are fake

If Ebay agrees, isn't there some Ebay policy saying fake items will be destroyed instead of being returned?

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

If the seller has proof of an actual receipt from the distributor - that they are real - they should have had the item returned.  Something is not right here - you have an appeal process, but if the seller does not have any proof - then no - the shoes would not have to be given back. 

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

@hilltopshoes wrote:

If Ebay agrees, isn't there some Ebay policy saying fake items will be destroyed instead of being returned?

I haven't heard of  that happening in years. I think that we are missing part of the story.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

@hilltopshoes wrote:

No

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I'm guessing the OP denied the return request.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Well, first the buyer opened a return request on 17 November 2017 with a false claim of "item received is not as described".

Now, In eBay return policy this claim means that the seller will have to pay for return shipping regardless of the seller's return shipping rules. I provided the case with proof of authenticity and requested that the buyer pays for return shipping because the claim is false and the buyer has received exactly what was described in the listing.

He then opened a dispute case on 23 November 2017 with racist comments saying things like "I didn't realize that the shoes came from Pakistan and not the US." eBay closed the case within hours in the buyer's favor.

And now that I'm requesting that he ship the shoes back to me, he's saying that eBay has told him to destroy the item. I have done alot of research and have not read ANYWHERE about such eBay rule.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Yes, I did deny the return request because he made a false claim. We sent him EXACTLY what he bought from us and upon the dispute, we provided him with proof of authenticity.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

That's the issue, the shoes are 100% Adidas manufactured authentic! We have given the proof of purchase!

The buyer has LIED to keep the item and the money.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

We have proof! When the return request was opened we uploaded the proof but eBay didn't even look at our input and just refunded the buyer!

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@hilltopshoes wrote:

Yes, I did deny the return request because he made a false claim. We sent him EXACTLY what he bought from us and upon the dispute, we provided him with proof of authenticity.

Unfortunately since you denied the return eBay issued a refund without requiring the buyer to return.  This is in the eBay money back guarantee if a seller doesn't accept a return or provide a label for the return eBay can issue a refund without the return and unfortunately that's what happened here. You needed to accept the return to get the shoes back.  

I know you state you have proof but you don't have any way to prove the receipt you've shown is for the shoes you actually sent.  A seller could provide a receipt showing they bought authentic shoes and then ship fake pairs to buyers.  And no I'm not saying that's what you did but that's why eBay can't accept your proof.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@hilltopshoes wrote:

I sold an authentic Adidas pair of shoes to a buyer in Albuquerque NM. Upon receiving the item he said that the shoes are fake (which they are not and I have given him proof of that)  and then he opened a false case of "Didn't get the item as described."

eBay closed the case in his favor in 24 hours! without considering any input from me. After I found out that he got a refund, I messaged him to send my item back but he is saying that he will DESTROY it instead of sending it back. Since then I've reported him 4 times and got NO RESPONSE from eBay. I can't even appeal of the return case!

This is ridiculous, this buyer has staright up STOLE from me an item of worth $175.

Too late, you refused the return. The time to ask for help is BEFORE the case is closed.

BTW, you also got a defect for it. Just a couple of those for a small seller can cost you your selling privileges on eBay for LIFE!

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Counterfeit items

If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on eBay or elsewhere.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply