cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Buyer won't return item, threatens to destroy it instead of returning it. He misused returns.

hilltopshoes
Adventurer

I sold an authentic Adidas pair of shoes to a buyer in Albuquerque NM. Upon receiving the item he said that the shoes are fake (which they are not and I have given him proof of that)  and then he opened a false case of "Didn't get the item as described."

eBay closed the case in his favor in 24 hours! without considering any input from me. After I found out that he got a refund, I messaged him to send my item back but he is saying that he will DESTROY it instead of sending it back. Since then I've reported him 4 times and got NO RESPONSE from eBay. I can't even appeal of the return case!

This is ridiculous, this buyer has staright up STOLE from me an item of worth $175.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: HELP! Buyer won't return item, threatens to destroy it instead of returning it. He misused retur

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

...This is in the eBay money back guarantee if a seller doesn't accept a return or provide a label for the return eBay can WILL issue a refund without the return and unfortunately that's what happened here. You needed to accept the return to get the shoes back.  ... 

There, I fixed it for you.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Re: HELP! Buyer won't return item, threatens to destroy it instead of returning it. He misused retur

@lemon_tart wrote:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Counterfeit items

If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on eBay or elsewhere.

I believe that is no longer enforced on eBay. As long as the seller "responds" to the case (i.e. accepts the return), eBay will always require the return of the item in question. At least that is the way a Blue presented it here at one time. 

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

I know I should've accepted the return but It would've been quite unfair because his claim of "Item not as described" was false and I didn't want to pay for return shipping.

AND I've just learned that the pair he has stolen from me is worth ALOT!!!!!
See this: https://stockx.com/adidas-nmd-r1-red-apple

I can't believe eBay did this to me!

He has also left a negative review on my profile.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@phcd1 wrote:

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

...This is in the eBay money back guarantee if a seller doesn't accept a return or provide a label for the return eBay can WILL issue a refund without the return and unfortunately that's what happened here. You needed to accept the return to get the shoes back.  ... 

There, I fixed it for you.

well they don't always sometimes they still make the buyer return...or they give a courtesty refund.  I haven't figured out what makes them enforce that policy with some and not others.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@hilltopshoes

Sorry this happened to you. I have never dealt with a return as a seller, so I can't comment on that.

My ex-husband sells these expensive shoes (Nike, Adidas, Air Jordan, Yeezy between $200 to $700). There is a big up-tick in fraud. Buyers 'claim' item is fake. The buyer returns fake shoes and keeps the authentic ones you sent. You lose the good shoes and your money.  Lots of complaints here on the board lately, specially regarding the Yeezy.

In a world where you can be anything, be kind.
Message 20 of 23
latest reply

I would like to apologize to everyone on this thread. Turns out eBay did not take any money out of my account.

I recently contacted eBay support on Facebook and they said I was not found at fault and the buyer will keep the item while I can keep the money.

I'm happy with their decision and I don't mind that the item I've sold to the buyer is worth a lot more than what he has paid.

Again, I'm really sorry to everyone here and to the eBay support for starting this thread without doing much research.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@hilltopshoes wrote:

I would like to apologize to everyone on this thread. Turns out eBay did not take any money out of my account.

I recently contacted eBay support on Facebook and they said I was not found at fault and the buyer will keep the item while I can keep the money.

I'm happy with their decision and I don't mind that the item I've sold to the buyer is worth a lot more than what he has paid.

Again, I'm really sorry to everyone here and to the eBay support for starting this thread without doing much research.

I will say, you should never trust what eBay say's, but good for you (you might want to check your dashboard and PayPal).

Now the question is why you, out of the millions of sellers did you receive this type of resolution when other sellers have posted clear evidence that they had a fraudulent SNAD return (including myself) lost money on their transaction?

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

yeah Ebay sucks now. Nothing but scammers and Ebay isn't willing toi help. I lost an iphone basically the same way recently. AFTER having to list it 3 times and having the first 2 buyers try and scam me. The third finally succeeded. I have a secoind been trying to sell but having the same issue. One scam(scum) buyer after another. On my third try with that one as well. Going to give up and never use ebay again after this.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply