cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Delay

sold an item to a buyer in england. it arrived monday morning at the Global Shipping Center in kentucky but then no updates. ebay customer service says it could take up to a week to do the customs forms and the labeling. i have sold several items through their program but it never took more than a day. anyone else experiencing delays once the shipping center receives the item?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Global Shipping Delay

If it never took more than a day before you've been lucky.  I've seen many complaints on the boards from buyers about items being processed slowly at the gsp center.  In some cases the item has already left the center but tracking hasn't been updated but it can oftentake a week or so.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

What delay? There is no delay. The GSP never promised a 1 or 2 day turnaround. The package has only been there 2 days. All that matters is the latest delivery estimate ebay gives the buyer. Its not uncommon for it to take 4-5 days for the package to leave the GSP. They have to inspect it, sometimes repack it and hand walk it through customs.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@missjen316 wrote:

What delay? There is no delay. The GSP never promised a 1 or 2 day turnaround. The package has only been there 2 days. All that matters is the latest delivery estimate ebay gives the buyer. Its not uncommon for it to take 4-5 days for the package to leave the GSP. They have to inspect it, sometimes repack it and hand walk it through customs.

thank you for your quick reply. as explained, it's never taken more than a day and that's why i posted here to see if anyone else was experiencing the same. no one ever said a promise for 1-2 days was made however the buyer, anxious to see what the delay was asked me to inquire. cheers miss rockstar.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

If it never took more than a day before you've been lucky.  I've seen many complaints on the boards from buyers about items being processed slowly at the gsp center.  In some cases the item has already left the center but tracking hasn't been updated but it can oftentake a week or so.

i must be real lucky. i counted and have made 28 sales through the shipping program and this one has taken the most turnaround time. just wondering if anyone had the same recent delay due to a heavy influx or another reason to reply to an inquiry made by the buyer. thanks for your reply.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yep you must be lucky because it seems to take an average of 3-4 days to leave the GSP and up to 7 days for the buyer to get the new tracking number. Hopefully your buyers are understanding and don't blame you for the longer transit times 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 6
latest reply