cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting very scared. I'm a new seller please help me out any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I am a new seller on ebay and recently sold my first few items. I listed 3 webcams and I sold them as a pre orders, I messed up and put the handling time too short, so when the items arrived to me, the shipping was already over due by a day when I dropped them at the PO. They were all bought at the same time, and 1 of the payments have cleared (actually from a person who requested a refund and I declined as I had just shipped the item hours before), but the other two have not cleared. I am worried with all the overdue shipping, if there is an issue eBay might screw me over? Also, I sold a VR for  $600 to a scammer, who I then cancelled the order with because I realized what he was. Will it be difficult to get a refund for the final value fee? I am mainly worried because I am 17 so there is no way for me to verify my account. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Getting very scared. I'm a new seller please help me out any help would be greatly appreciated!

You need to end your current listings and not list again until you are 18. What do you mean "The payments haven't cleared"? How did you cancel the transaction? 

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Getting very scared. I'm a new seller please help me out any help would be greatly appreciated!

Duplicate post. I already told you that now you have to have any items you list in your PHYSICAL possession at the time of listing them. Ebay has begun to stem the scourge of drop-shippers infesting their site. For example you cannot drop-ship from amazon. Sell your own items, not others.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

1 of the payments have cleared (actually from a person who requested a refund and I declined as I had just shipped the item hours before), but the other two have not cleared.

Not cleared?  You shipped items without cleared payment?   I'm not sure what you are seeing, but you should never ship an item without cleared payment.  If you do, then you have a strong risk of getting scammed ...

I am worried with all the overdue shipping, if there is an issue eBay might screw me over?

Late shipping is a selling defect that is tracked on your Seller Dashboard.  It can prevent  you from becoming (or remaining) a Top Rated Seller.

Also, I sold a VR for $600 to a scammer, who I then cancelled the order with because I realized what he was. Will it be difficult to get a refund for the final value fee?

It depends.  Final value fees are sometimes credited automatically, and sometimes it requires that you make a request to have them refunded - the process is here.  A refund with a cancellation may depend on the reason for the cancellation ... it is my understanding that if a seller cancels for out-of-stock or unavailable, then you cannot get your final value fee refunded.

I am mainly worried because I am 17 so there is no way for me to verify my account.

You must be 18 or over to sell on eBay.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'm confused about many of the details in your post just like the others answering this thread.  Sounds like your seller rating might be in for a bashing as this all shakes out.  If I were you I'd work hard to settle each of these issues using eBay customer service....to sort of stop the flood before it gets worse. 

Since you're 17 and need to wait till you're 18 to sell take this time to go through the different tutorials and message boards learning about best selling practices, payments, returns, and the confusing world of shipping.  It's a lot to take in but will save you a lot of money and trouble later on.  Best of luck!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@goldstandardretail0 wrote:

I am mainly worried because I am 17 so there is no way for me to verify my account. 

You need to end your listings and come back when you turn 18.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@goldstandardretail0…"I am mainly worried because I am 17 so there is no way for me to verify my account."

I'd be worried, too. How did you set up your account... selling here as a minor? I guess you'd verify using the same information you used when you signed up. Do you still have that?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply