cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming the 60 day feed back system

Hello,

I've noticed that some of the sellers are gaming the leave feedback system by delaying the shipping by a few weeks. Then when you don't receive the item in the time estimated you can't leave any feedback because it's past the 60 day limit. Another common practice I've noticed is that they relist the item with a new delivery time estimate. Is ebay aware of this? Do they even care?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Gaming the 60 day feed back system

Any seller that 'delays shipping for a few weeks' is going to receive a defect and wont be selling here for long.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@ptveys2010 wrote:

...when you don't receive the item in the time estimated you can't leave any feedback because it's past the 60 day limit. ...

Clearly the solution is to leave appropriate feedback on day 59.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

They aren't gaming the system. You can leave feedback at anytime within 60 days. You aren't forced to wait until the item arrives. If your item hasn't arrived by day 59, I think its apparent what type of feedback you should leave. 

I guess you aren't aware that ebay gives the delivery estimate not the seller. And if the seller relists, why wouldn't it be a different delivery estimate? The delivery estimate is determined by the date of purchase, the sellers handling time and the shipping method. Ebay is the one who sets the date not the seller.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

If you buy from experieced or top rated sellers, they will always ship within one business day and provide a valid tracking number or they will be suspended then removed from Ebay. If you buy from international sellers it can be difficult to obtain a tracking number sometimes but if you contact them sometimes they can give you an estimate. There is no where in the world where it will take 60 days for any item to arrive to the US.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@witmer2007 wrote:

If you buy from experieced or top rated sellers, they will always ship within one business day and provide a valid tracking number or they will be suspended then removed from Ebay. If you buy from international sellers it can be difficult to obtain a tracking number sometimes but if you contact them sometimes they can give you an estimate. There is no where in the world where it will take 60 days for any item to arrive to the US.

Why are you making things up? That is simply not true. Experienced sellers are not required to ship within 1 business day OR provide tracking. Failing to provide tracking and ship in 1 business day is not a requirement for any seller, no seller will be suspended then removed for failure to do so. In order to become a TRS and maintain that status, there are tracking and shipping requirements but failing to meet them only costs your status! It doesn't get you suspended.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

What kind of shipping and to what destination takes over 45 days transit time? Maybe I'm off base here, but if I didn't get notified an item I purchased had shipped within the stated timeframe, I'd be taking steps to cancel the transaction and get a refund, especially if the seller was making excuses for the delay.
Belle
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@southernfriedbelle wrote:
What kind of shipping and to what destination takes over 45 days transit time? Maybe I'm off base here, but if I didn't get notified an item I purchased had shipped within the stated timeframe, I'd be taking steps to cancel the transaction and get a refund, especially if the seller was making excuses for the delay.

You can't just cancel and get a refund on ebay if you don't get a shipping notification. Sellers here aren't required to mark items shipped & upload tracking or print labels from ebay (all of which trigger shipping notifications). The only thing you can initiate is an item not received case after the latest delivery estimate has passed. For most of us like in the US and UK and Canada and Mexico, it does not take over 45 days. To some smaller countries it can take 3-4 months. But for reason there are a whole lot of buyers who wait way onger than the latest delivery estimate and then cry and complain when they can't open a case and leave feedback.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@ptveys2010 wrote:

Hello,

I've noticed that some of the sellers are gaming the leave feedback system by delaying the shipping by a few weeks. Then when you don't receive the item in the time estimated you can't leave any feedback because it's past the 60 day limit. Another common practice I've noticed is that they relist the item with a new delivery time estimate. Is ebay aware of this? Do they even care?

Why aren't you opening Item Not Received cases?  Why are you listening to their excuses?  Why aren't you checking feedback before you buy?  Why do you think if they won't ship in the first two months, they'll ship later?  You have a looooooooooooooot of reading to do before you hit, "commit to buy" again.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I think You have 60 days after the delivery date to give feedback. It is NOT 60 days after purchase!

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@imakesugar wrote:

I think You have 60 days after the delivery date to give feedback. It is NOT 60 days after purchase!

Um...are you quite sure about that?

From the Site Map..."After your transaction, you have a full 60 days to leave Feedback."

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

It is 60 days after purchase.  

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

If you're not getting your items within the 60 day feedback deadline you have MUCH bigger problems than feedback. Feedback is not useful in dealing with bad sellers. INRs are.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@imakesugar wrote:

Wrong. It's 60 days after purchase. The delivery date applies only to the money back guarantee. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Okay, thanks! I didn't know that. My experience is pretty limited, so I still have a lot to learn. Appreciate the info!
Belle
Message 15 of 16
latest reply