cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing a FedEx Claim through eBay How-To

Because there's so many questions dating back to, or before, 2011 where info is outdated and links have died, here's what happened and what I did to get the FedEx claims submitted through eBay in 2020.

Two damaged packages shipped using FedEx Ground/Home Delivery with labels purchased through eBay. Couldn't file the claim on my FedEx account because eBay is the shipper.

Have tracking numbers, item numbers, and item value and shipping paid by the buyer (does not apply on free shipping) prepared.

Make sure you are logged into your eBay account. Follow this link and scroll down to the bottom and click "Call us" in the bottom left. Doing so while logged in will have all your eBay info instantly available to the rep and will have you talking to the right person to submit the claim.

From there you will call the number and enter the 7 digit code provided. Simply state you need to file a FedEx insurance claim and you are unable to do so because eBay is the shipper and everything is grayed out for you when you attempt to file a claim through your FedEx account after inputting the tracking number. (Even if you didn't try through FedEx, just say it because it's true if you did try!)

Now, the rep will ask you for the tracking number, item number, as well as item value. Claim will be submitted at this point, or at least it was for me. Rep said eBay or FedEx will follow up within 24-48hrs and any refund would be credited to my PayPal account.

That's where I am currently in the process, claim has not been approved or denied. This is not a guarantee to get a refund, but only to get claims submitted.

Not 100% sure, but results may vary depending on the rep you get (mine was great!) I've always had better luck getting anything done with eBay CS by using the "Call Us" link while logged into my eBay account. 

Hope this helps because I know the process can be very upsetting, especially on high dollar items and additional insurance purchased. Make sure to be polite and patient as well!

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0