cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx shipping cost adjustments.

Fellow eBay sellers,

Be aware of FedEx. I recently received numerous cost adjustments from them, totaling over $100. I believe they are intentionally doing this to take advantage of eBay sellers, or possibly other online sellers, to increase their profits.

I am switching to UPS. If you continue to use FedEx, don't just drop off your packages and leave. Always ask the FedEx clerk for a receipt of your packages with the weight and dimensions for your records, even with prepaid shipping labels.

I have attached some images. FedEx's reported weights of my packages are inaccurate. I believe there is potential for a class-action lawsuit against FedEx. I hope it happens!

FedEx Shipping Adjustements 02.jpgFedEx Shipping Adjustements.jpg

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: FedEx shipping cost adjustments.

7 adjustments on mine. Money removed all overnight. Many of the packages had been delivered for over a week already. Almost $150 in additional charges making me lose money on some of the sales. We've never had this happen before. 

Message 16 of 75
latest reply

Almost $100 in adjustments for me this morning as well. Hopefully eBay fixes this ASAP. 

Message 17 of 75
latest reply

Second time this month this has happened. It seems like FedEx is not honoring the discount that shows up on the shipping calculator at time of purchase. All the packages were under the billable weight also. All in all I have been charged over 200 dollars. Hopefully eBay resolves this. I won’t be using FedEx in the meantime.

Message 18 of 75
latest reply

I am having the same problem! I'm on hold (41 minutes) to speak to eBay customer service. I have regulated postal scale, so I am very accurate with my measurements...one charge today was an extra $55! That was one of six extra charges just today! Please help! I have called several times before about this issue.

Message 19 of 75
latest reply

I always get a receipt at the time they 'accept' the package.  I always have them confirm the weight. But they still claim that  i was undercharged.  Oddly enough, when i was using a qr code to have them print the label (before i got a label printer) there were no problems at all.  To be fair, i also received an adjustment for an overpaid label (a whopping $1.80).

Message 20 of 75
latest reply

I have had 3 cost adjustment surcharges from FedEx in the last 3 days. I tried reporting it to eBay Customer Service as I use eBay shipping labels for each shipment calculated with very accurate weight and measurements. Why was this not brought to my attention when I was generating the label rather than a surcharge several days after the shipment was sent? I will not be using FedEx again anytime soon and recommend other sellers avoid them as well until eBay and FedEx resolve this issue.  

Gord

Message 21 of 75
latest reply

Same thing happened to me. Doubled charges on 3 recent FedEx shipments. Will be contacting ebay for an explanation.

Message 22 of 75
latest reply

I got hit with 7 upcharges today. Over $100 total. None of the packages had the wrong dimensions. All of the weights were within a couple tenths of a lb. The weight will always be slightly off because ebay used lbs and ounces and Fed Ex uses decimal pounds.

Started back in early December with one every week or so $1-$6 here or there. Been trying to get it taken care of for months but no one had any answers at ebay and you cannot call Fed Ex for help because its under ebay's account. Every single package I shipped a week ago was upcharged today and no one can figure out why. 

I spoke to someone at ebay for maybe an hour and was told unless Fed Ex admits to screwing up and refunds ebay I will not be getting any of the upcharges back, even though my dimensions are correct and as are the weights. I even went to act like I was printing another label, added an extra pound and an extra inch to each dimension, it did not increase the price at all, but i was upcharged $20+ for the one package alone. They did confirm other sellers were calling to complain as well but it doesn't get me the money back from December up until now just because now more people noticed and complained about it. 

I cannot wait to see the next few emails I get from ebay with upcharges I've shipped a lot of packages with Fed Ex this last week. I would like to add up until December I hadn't have an upcharge if at all from Fed Ex for years. I went back 2-3 years and didn't see a single one. Ebay has known about this for at least 4 months and I called many times trying to get help and nothing was ever done. I've had over 20 charges with no explanation. Only difference was packages weighed slightly less than what I claimed. IMG_0600.jpg

Message 23 of 75
latest reply

Hey everyone, please note that due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 24 of 75
latest reply

I just spoke to ebay customer support. This is an ongoing system-wide glitch, that for now only seems to have impacted recently generated FedEx labels. They say they're working on resolving it, and all of these over charges should be reversed. In the meantime, just to avoid more problems, I personally will not be printing any FedEx labels. I would certainly recommend other sellers stick to UPS or USPS until we have a clear indication (*ahem* ebay, that means direct communication from you) that the "glitch" has been resolved.

Message 25 of 75
latest reply

After FedEx adjusted our 4# box from Phoenix to Las Vegas they are changing $43 !!! It was $15 !! Now every FedEx package we have shipped has tripled in new charges coming in.

Went to FedEx website and punched in for a shipping quote. It looks like FedEx  is removing the eBay discount and charging counter ship rates!

eBay needs to shut off the FedEx options until this is fixed.

Message 26 of 75
latest reply

Thank you for the update kyle@ebay 

Message 27 of 75
latest reply

Fedex is scamming us. I'm getting charges adjusted for having LESS weight than is on the label! WHAT????

Message 28 of 75
latest reply

Same issue here. Reported as weighing less and a little smaller dimensions than I said. Double the charge for an adjustment. 

-p*m
Message 29 of 75
latest reply

Why hasn't  eBay   place   2 to 4   employee's  to work the ebay FedEx  account  too look out  for   billing  mistakes  and catch them before  the sellers get charged ?  because this current  invoicing issue isn't  the first time  it has happened  . In fact  the first time was  in 2018   when  FedEx   tripled  billed same labels  .  I know  because I was  a victim  of that screw up  for $300   .  only good thing was I didn't have auto seller fee payment . So I got  it was add to site wide issue  .     

Message 30 of 75
latest reply