cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx shipping cost adjustments.

Fellow eBay sellers,

Be aware of FedEx. I recently received numerous cost adjustments from them, totaling over $100. I believe they are intentionally doing this to take advantage of eBay sellers, or possibly other online sellers, to increase their profits.

I am switching to UPS. If you continue to use FedEx, don't just drop off your packages and leave. Always ask the FedEx clerk for a receipt of your packages with the weight and dimensions for your records, even with prepaid shipping labels.

I have attached some images. FedEx's reported weights of my packages are inaccurate. I believe there is potential for a class-action lawsuit against FedEx. I hope it happens!

FedEx Shipping Adjustements 02.jpgFedEx Shipping Adjustements.jpg

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone, please note that due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

Kyle,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 24 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

I can confirm - just happened to me:  

$20.34 --->  $43.39

Oddly they report my weight as less:

9.44 ---> 9.4lb

A situation where less is more LOL

Regardless agreed something is not right.

Message 2 of 75
latest reply

I agree, I just made a post on the same thing. I will be calling Ebay CS this morning. We all need to call to report this. I believe there is some sort of system issue to have this all happen at once in the last 24 hours.

Message 3 of 75
latest reply

just received the same thing with 3 of my packages being charged almost double on each item for my weight being under by several ounces on each package.

Message 4 of 75
latest reply

Same thing with 3 of my packages being charged just today  for weighing over and under the weight entered on eBay labels.

THIRD time this month.

I have a highly accurate scale and measure carefully.

22 years on eBay - NEVER  had this happen with such crazy frequencies.

Message 5 of 75
latest reply

the same with me. 

I also made a post about this with screenshots. The sizes that I indicated were even larger than Fedex calculated. I indicated 5 lb, and they indicated 4.5 and so on

Message 6 of 75
latest reply

devon@ebay   Can you PLEASE check into these complaints and make sure someone at eBay is looking into it?  We are all getting hit with FedEx Cost Adjustments this morning that are not valid.  I went into the shipping calculator to double check, added 6" to all sides of my package and added 20 lbs to the weight and still came nowhere near the amount FedEx says the label should have cost.  These charges are going to our bank accounts to take the money and some cannot afford for that to happen.

Thank you!

Message 7 of 75
latest reply

Happened to me. Used Ebay postage to pay for item. It appears that the Dimensional Weight on Ebay is not being calculated correctly making the FedEx postage price looking like a good deal. Will not use FedEx if I can't trust the accuracy. 

Message 8 of 75
latest reply

This is horrible- thousands upon thousands of dollars removed off seller's accounts because of this Ebay/Fed X issue.   And you're exactly right.."These charges are going to our bank accounts to take the money and some cannot afford for that to happen"...already during these times money is tight and this happens. No warning. No nothing . Just remove the money.   

Message 9 of 75
latest reply

There is DEFINITELY a problem and eBay needs to address these cost adjustments when we as sellers are purchasing our labels through them.  I received a message for a normal-sized box sent to Illinois. My eBay price was $12.74 and I rounded up to 7 pounds for a ship weight. My adjustment that I received today was for a 6.50 pound package and FedEx is charging $17.41 PLUS a fuel surcharge of $2.04 for a total of $19.45. This is wrong on all accounts! eBay needs to contact FedEx and in the mean time....STOP USING FEDEX FOR SHIPPING. Something really stinks about this, AND - if the actual price for a normal size package is now going to be an astronomical $19.45, STOP USING FEDEX ALL-TOGETHER. 

Message 10 of 75
latest reply

@csbbct wrote:

devon@ebay   Can you PLEASE check into these complaints and make sure someone at eBay is looking into it?  We are all getting hit with FedEx Cost Adjustments this morning that are not valid.  I went into the shipping calculator to double check, added 6" to all sides of my package and added 20 lbs to the weight and still came nowhere near the amount FedEx says the label should have cost.  These charges are going to our bank accounts to take the money and some cannot afford for that to happen.

Thank you!

Hey @csbbct! Our Shipping team is aware of this issue and is working with our Rates team on a resolution.  

Devon,
eBay
Message 11 of 75
latest reply

I was charged an additional $9.17 this morning for having a package weight at 6 pounds and FedEx says its 5.5 pounds. So yes less weight is more!!!

Message 12 of 75
latest reply

I have 8 adjustments as of this morning. Many of them are double the original cost. There is absolutely no way this is accurate. 

Message 13 of 75
latest reply

Thank you Devon so much but for all of us, we have had money removed unfairly  and without notice from our accounts.  No warning. No notice. Nothing. Just removed. And for almost all of us, this has never happened before at this level. This really should never happen.  But again, thank you for addressing.

Message 14 of 75
latest reply

@csbbct wrote:

Thank you!

Hey @csbbct! There is now a sitewide ticket open on this issue with our highest priority to resolve. I will have this added to the Tech board shortly but if yourself or other sellers are running into to this, I highly recommend reaching out to customer support and having your account and example of what item/ tracking this happened on to ALERT15247.

Devon,
eBay
Message 15 of 75
latest reply