cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEDEX OVERCHARGING ALMOST DOUBLE AFTER ITEM SHIPS

I have been a seller since 1999. With USPS doing such a bad job this Christmas and ebay offering  huge discounts on fedex, I opted to send some stuff on ebay. What a huge disappointment. Almost every other package has been billed incorrectly.  Some items, almost double, erasing any profit I had an putting me into the negative. I call ebay, they gave me the runaround. Eventually they said call fedex. I knew that would not work from doing this before. i just got off from fedex and the lady said she really can't talk to me because I'm "not the customer" but she could see I was chareged $17 because they had to hand sort my package. Come on. I'm mailing this same package multiple times and they have to hand sort it? It's just a coat! I do not understand what that means and why they are passing on $17 to me through ebay.  This is a joke and NO ONE WILL HELP. Ebay makes it impossible to make money when they do this stuff. You can't quote someone a price and then double it. They need to fix this. I've been shipping for work with fedex nearly 30 years and I know how to measure. I even had the fedex office store double check my packages one I started getting billed incorrectly. They did not mention anything about my items needing hand sorting. They had the same measurements, they even said they allow for a 2 inch error (which I know that is NOT true). Ebay needs to sort this out and their reps handle it badly. First rep said oh yes, I could have the credit but needed to call back in a week because I had been credited for 50 cents the month before because of an EBAY error, not mine, and they couldnt give too many credits that close together. Then I call back and have to go through this again for 30 minutes and she says oh, we have to send this to shipping dept. Then a month later, I get no credit. This is a total joke. Some people might say open my own fedex account. Well I have my own fedex account that I got somehow through ebay, but it does not have the same pricing and charges for residential deliveries ($4) and the ones through ebay don't put that extra fee on. I wish I could get the ebay pricing through my own account, but they won't let me do that. It's really sad how these companies are ripping us off. Ebay has to take responsibility as they are the ones doing the billing. I guess it's time for a class action lawsuit.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: FEDEX OVERCHARGING ALMOST DOUBLE AFTER ITEM SHIPS

Yes us too! We always measure by rounding up and adding extra weight in order to ensure we are not charged anything extra and turns out just today our first time using FedEx thru eBay has charged us over $80 for our $37 label.

The crazy thing is the small box contained pins for a funeral at no more than 180 grams weight including box. However FedEx weighed it at over 900 grams which is impossible  (over 4 time heavier?).

This really saddens me that honest people trying to make ends meet can so quickly have money taken out of our bank accounts. I had to find a way to put more money in my account to cover a check. 

I will follow up with FedEx and eBay but curious if anyone had success getting their incorrect charge fixed and refunded?

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Please come back and update us on how your law suite went. 

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

This same thing just happened to me from FedEx, $30 over...I'm very upset bout it and don't know how to get eBay to correct!

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@frankie8acres wrote:

This same thing just happened to me from FedEx, $30 over...I'm very upset bout it and don't know how to get eBay to correct!

This discussion is 2 years old so the mods will probably lock it. Start a new thread @frankie8acres specific to your issue. Make sure you include package dimensions, weight, ship to/from zip codes. Also include the reason FedEx applied the surcharge and the breakdown of that $30. This will help us get you accurate information.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply