cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explain buyer selected shipping

I listed an item and put a 7.99 shipping charge - economy shipping.  When the order came in I saw this.  Does this mean a) the buyer WANTS it shipped USPS Parcel Select?

b) if the weight is  under 1 lb, it should ship First class; correct?

c) am I obligated to ship Parcel Select, because it's going to arrive faster by First class.

liawrignq8rdwqa3_0-1668157164825.png

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The buyer "chose" Parcel Select Ground because that's the service that was offered in the listing.

It's OK to upgrade a service, e.g. switch from an economy service such as Parcel Select to a "standard" service such as First Class package.  It's not OK to downgrade, such as changing from an expedited service like Priority Mail to an economy service such as Parcel Select.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Was this on the Reebok Ortholite shoes?

If it is, your listing shows $7.99 for Parcel Select....no First Class option given

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

You only offered economy shipping in the listing so the buyer doesn't  have a way to select a different option, however you may upgrade the shipping to Standard First Class if you desire.  What you can't do is offer an expedited method and send it using a slower method.  

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

The buyer "chose" Parcel Select Ground because that's the service that was offered in the listing.

It's OK to upgrade a service, e.g. switch from an economy service such as Parcel Select to a "standard" service such as First Class package.  It's not OK to downgrade, such as changing from an expedited service like Priority Mail to an economy service such as Parcel Select.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

You can upgrade to a better service I do it all the time if priority costs a little more, the one thing I don't understand is that you have 7.99 and the buyer paid 9.43

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

The buyer paid $7.99.  That $9.43 is the price of the shipping label.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Often Priority Mail is the same cost as Parcel Select. It's one of the quirks. Remember Priority includes $100 of insurance. Parcel Select zero.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

If it's for the shoes, here's no way it could go 1st class anyway, since they must weigh too much

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

When I sell something, it always says BUYER SELECTED.  I do NOT give my buyers a choice. I decide.  I sell mainly small items.  I am well aware that sometimes parcel is more than priority or about the same. In those rare examples, I go for priority and if I have to pay a bit more, I don' t mind.

Now sometimes, I know that shipping is going to be 7.99 or more but I will write 5.99 as the shipping charge but I have started the item for 2-3 dollars more to cover the shipping.  Doing it this way sometimes results in a sale because the buyer will think " only 5.99 to ship."   I use this strategy on some items that haven't sold and frankly, I am tired of seeing them on my shelf.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Thanks.  I looked at the shipping delivery time and they were both the same, with 1st class beating Parcel Selection by one day.....what?  So it's better to send it 1st class.  But whenever I see "buyer selected" I'm confused.  Does that mean the buyer selected that  method Or is EB putting the "buyer selected" label in the shipping?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I have my default set at "economy shipping".  I enter shipping costs on my own for the buyer to pay.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

The shoes weighed 14 oz.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@liawrig.nq8rdwqa3 wrote:

I have my default set at "economy shipping".  I enter shipping costs on my own for the buyer to pay.

The shoes listing was  set up with a flat shipping cost of $7.99.  But Parcel Select Ground was specified. It was not listed with generic "economy" shipping.  Go and look at the shipping section of the listing.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@liawrig.nq8rdwqa3 wrote:

Thanks.  I looked at the shipping delivery time and they were both the same, with 1st class beating Parcel Selection by one day.....what?  So it's better to send it 1st class.  But whenever I see "buyer selected" I'm confused.  Does that mean the buyer selected that  method Or is EB putting the "buyer selected" label in the shipping?

Some sellers offer buyers a choice of shipping options. You did NOT...so the buyers only choice was the only option for them to select.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

But whenever I see "buyer selected" I'm confused.  Does that mean the buyer selected that  method Or is EB putting the "buyer selected" label in the shipping?

@liawrig.nq8rdwqa3 

The buyer selects from the options in your listings... so "buyer selected". You can make your Economy Shipping read First Class for a price, and Parcel Post for a (lesser) price... the buyer selects their preference. You offer the selections.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply