cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay shipping prices MUCH HIGHER than actual USPS prices

I listed a pair of used shoes, had all my shipping details correct(weight etc), and quoted a flat rate of 13$ for the buyer. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention when paying for the label because I ended up paying 38$ to ship a 1-3lb USPS priority mail package--which I have personally shipped for roughly 10$ several times. I assumed the 38$ was the money left over from deducting shipping funds because the sold price was around 50. Why did I pay this absolutely foolish price?? Have never once paid more than 15$ to ship anything of any size on eBay, and I wish I had focused when printing this label but I was rushing at that moment. Obviously, there's no way to get reimbursed for this and it's my fault for not being thorough but this leaves me with a rather poor feeling.... I will definitely not consider eBay before any other seller platform if this is what I gotta pay for convenient shipping 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay shipping prices MUCH HIGHER than actual USPS prices

Hi @wowitszak 

Review your listings, change to Calculated shipping not Flat rate.  I know that coast to coast shipping can easily jump up from my own experience ... 

You made a mistake somewhere, here are your sales for the last 90 days ... note the big difference in shipping costs ... $ 13 on the one and over $ 27 on the other.  In most cases this is from operator error as @albertabrightalberta mentioned. 

Screenshot (679).png 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Sounds like you made a mistake somewhere.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@wowitszak 

You can request to void the label if incorrect within 120 hours of purchase, then correct whatever caused the error.

label refund will  take 2-3 weeks or longer.

$38 looks like possibly a Priority Mail Express rate.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

If your weight & dimensions were accurate, then did you select the correct service level? There is a big price difference between USPS Priority vs USPS Prirority Express.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@wowitszak 

It sounds like user error to me.

You either input the wrong weight, the wrong measurements of the package or the wrong service.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

As was pointed out...if your shipping label was $38, you probably accidentally chose priority express.

Take a deep breath....ebay shipping label prices is one thing they do have pretty accurate....

Just void the label, and start over, choosing the right options (weight, size, service)

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Hi @wowitszak 

Review your listings, change to Calculated shipping not Flat rate.  I know that coast to coast shipping can easily jump up from my own experience ... 

You made a mistake somewhere, here are your sales for the last 90 days ... note the big difference in shipping costs ... $ 13 on the one and over $ 27 on the other.  In most cases this is from operator error as @albertabrightalberta mentioned. 

Screenshot (679).png 

Regards,
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

In this image, the previous listing(didnt go through btw) was eBay-provided shipping calculation. In the recent transaction(the one this post is about) I specifically set a price of $13. As far as the other concerns addressed it isn't accidentally expressed, I have the label its USPS priority mail as expected. The weight and dimensions are also as expected(attached). sent from Illinois to Washington state  https://publuu.com/flip-book/451262/1017533  

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

little late for the second option, its delivered and I don't rlly care for the hassle of a return even if that was viable. but I cannot identify any user error here the information on the label is correct as it should be, Ive shipped countless shoes and know what to expect from weight, price, and service. That price just doesn't make sense 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

to my knowledge and verifying info on the completed listing and label, none of this occurred. 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

The service is indeed priority mail. There is no wording of express on the label. The weight on the label is up to 3 lbs, and dimensions are fine as verified from label and countless previously shipped shoes. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

From all i'm looking at and verifying it must be an invisible one. although I did make the mistake of not paying close enough attention as mentioned in post, I rushed to print this label and didn't allow logic to kick in of why there was a 38$ number at all stated. rip 

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

The package's status is delivered so I don't believe that is an option. And yes I believe that is close to an express rate which is more baffling because this definitely was shipped through USPS priority mail and not any other service. 

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@wowitszak wrote:

In this image, the previous listing(didnt go through btw) was eBay-provided shipping calculation. In the recent transaction(the one this post is about) I specifically set a price of $13. As far as the other concerns addressed it isn't accidentally expressed, I have the label its USPS priority mail as expected. The weight and dimensions are also as expected(attached). sent from Illinois to Washington state  https://publuu.com/flip-book/451262/1017533  

@wowitszak   Consider changing to USPS Ground Advantage, it has $ 100 of built-in insurance and you can add more if needed, just like Priority Mail.  Longer distant rates are lower than Priority Mail.

Regards,
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@wowitszak wrote:

17 x17 x7 is what did it to you.  You paid for dimensional weight .

Message 15 of 22
latest reply