cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Standard Envelope not working

does anyone have this problem? its very annoying...I sell some vintage postcards from 2 to 3 dollars a piece then charge the .53 cent's for the envelope shipping, I have the shipping under Ebay Standard Charges for trade cards, Postcards etc.... when i go to print out the shipping label it has my total as 3.79 first class shipping, this has happened a few times and I am losing money because the shipping label is not what it suppose to be, it shows in the buyers invoice 2.00 plus buyer paid .53 but on my end it shows the total for first class 3.79, I even went to pirate ship but they don't have the ebay standard envelope prices.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Ebay Standard Envelope not working

I have found that the browser does not work for me… I thought it was just me but see others have the issue.
As a retired computer programmer, my "car collecting" boss used to say:
"If I owned a car that had as many issues as this system, I drive it in the ditch and leave it!"
I'm getting that feeling day in day out as I tried to ship things. And try to list things! Sad. Very Sad!

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

As of 3/28, 3/29; has happened to me. I should have saved my analogy stated above for this message.
"If I owned a car that had as many issues as this system, I drive it in the ditch and leave it!"
Enough said!

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

I have had the above problems and I have the same problem as you.
I thought it was just me and I should have done a different "set up".
I have stepped through "shipping" entry multiple times and change from USPS to eBay multiple times.
That used to work. But now, as of 3/28, I cannot "trick" the listing tool to give me the eBay shipping option.
I spend way too much time tracking down issues rather than adding more listings. Sad sad sad.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@btjossem 

Which listing(s) are you having the problem with?  If the item or combined items are more than $20 I don't think that you can use the standard envelope option.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

You are correct: this 1 is over $20
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255456779673
and after I looked at this 1 more closely, it was a "trade card" and not a postcard.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255348331331
I thought I had another one last week, but could not find. It probably falls into either of these categories.
Thank you for your follow-up! Much appreciated.
Why does eBay not do reduced/eBay shipping on "trade cards"?
And
another one while I have people's attention…
I have been searching postcards for examples of what I'm going to list.
I then click on "Sell Now".
It would be nice if the shipping section defaulted to my postcard weight/size.
I have to enter it each time. Drives me crazy!
Can I set up a default that eBay will grab on every "Sell Now"?
I do know that I can create a template but when I have to enter all of the "additional information",
it's easier to use what has been set up by someone else regarding city, theme, postcard type, etc.
any ideas?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE $20 CLARIFICATION!
Bruce

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Glad that I could help.

I don't know how they decide which categories to include I wouldn't be surprised if they expanded the categories over time.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply