cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Standard Envelope not working

does anyone have this problem? its very annoying...I sell some vintage postcards from 2 to 3 dollars a piece then charge the .53 cent's for the envelope shipping, I have the shipping under Ebay Standard Charges for trade cards, Postcards etc.... when i go to print out the shipping label it has my total as 3.79 first class shipping, this has happened a few times and I am losing money because the shipping label is not what it suppose to be, it shows in the buyers invoice 2.00 plus buyer paid .53 but on my end it shows the total for first class 3.79, I even went to pirate ship but they don't have the ebay standard envelope prices.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I had the exact opposite problem. Buyer paid first class, but when I go to purchase the label, the standard envelope comes up as the default. First class is greyed out so I can't change it, even though it says that was buyer selected. I don't even offer standard envelope as an option in my listings. Luckily it only happened on one of my five orders that are supposed to be going out tomorrow.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

ok ty its so annoying , when are these glitches going to finally get fixed?

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

It should be there on the print shipping label page if you click the Compare all services button. It's all the way at the bottom of the list.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

My bad. The first class option was greyed out for me because it says the buyer's address is invalid. So probably not related to your problem.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Currently having the issue with standard envelope not showing up as a shipping option for an item already sold in the postcard category.  This has started within the last 12 hours.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

bsbllfanatic
Rising Star

I also lost money as ebay states shipping/tracking with  usps ESUS55191976.

No such tracking. USPS uses only 24 numbers, not letters.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@bsbllfanatic wrote:

I also lost money as ebay states shipping/tracking with  usps ESUS55191976.

No such tracking. USPS uses only 24 numbers, not letters.

You keep posting about this so...

If you look at the FAQ page about about the Ebay Standard Envelope you will find a link for tracking those numbers and a link for filing a claim if they are lost or damaged (The seller would file the claim.) You should not be losing money on that if you take advantage of the insurance that's included.

Here's the link for all the information about the program:

Ebay Standard Envelope  

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

eBay Stabdard Envelope still not an available option for me under Postcards and it is now October 16, 2021.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

This is still going on for me 4 days later...

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

For anyone who is curious, eBay standard envelope is ALSO not working not a delivey option) when listing small coins and tokens, either.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

What type of device are you using ? I know myself personally. When I first started doing the ebay standard envelope. I would go to purchase the label and instead of charging me $.73 or $.93 for 2 and 3 ounce envelopes. It would only give me the option to print out the 3 to 5 or 6 day first class with tracking. So I called a representative and here because I use an android phone. I'm unable to do the ebay standard through the app. So I actually have to go through the browser instead. Which at first was a pain in the ass. Because I sell several sports cards per day. Which then I had to remember if I was printing for a bubble mailer first class. I go and use the app and then when it's just a standard envelope. I have to print using the site through the browser. Which I guess technically I could automatically just use the browser all the time for printing. Especially when certain options won't even pop up on the app for other functions. But it's tough when you have a force of habit to automatically use the app. Anyway don't know if this is the issue you are having. But at least for myself that's what the issue and solution was !!!

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

I am going thru this right now . Last week (1st time it happened) I contacted EBay,explained what was going on and they said tech dept would fix it within 48 hours. After the 48 hours it wasn’t fixed, I called back , they said give it another 48 hours, well now it’s been another 48 hours and problem still exists. This weekend I had 2 auctions end with the .93 shipping and they are doing the same . So now I have 3 items to ship and it’s for eBay standard envelope.93 per auction and all 3 are trying to charge me for first class shipping with tracking (approx. 3.48 per football card) If I print out the label as such it’s like I’m giving the card for free because the 3 cards only sold for around $3-$4 a piece. Does anyone know how to fix this ? The first card is no past due on shipping and I hate that as I ship everyday except Sunday’s and federal holidays, I noticed it’s affecting my account by slow shipping and this is one thing I try to avoid for my customers, I want to keep my 100% positive feedback,I don’t need any negativity in my life 😂 PLEASE HELP , IT FEELS LIKE IM DROWNING 😆😂 

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Hello... I am having a problem that is different from both of these. I am going to list cards and I don't have the option for eBay Standard Shipping... I don't know how it works. Trying to figure it out.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

I tried looking at the "compare all" and the eBay option continues to be grayed out.

The shipping options appear to be in order of cost… EBay option is that the top, grayed out.

This is annoying as heck.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply