cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Standard Envelope Issues - Not Arriving to my buyers, and not arriving from sellers

I have used Ebay Standard Envelope Shipping for trading cards since that shipping option became available. Over the past six months I've only had 2-3 items not show up. I never send anycards over 35 Pt this way and in a taped top loader wrapped in paper. In the past 3 weeks I have had multiple cards not delivered with no tracking information other than tracking number given. I have also had 3 cards that I purchased not show up either.

Is any one else having more issues than normal with the USPS?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Ebay Standard Envelope Issues - Not Arriving to my buyers, and not arriving from sellers

There are 2 mail slots at most post offices...You need to use "Meter Mail" slot to drop it in and not "Stamp Mail" slot...these are usually in a post office.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: Ebay Standard Envelope Issues - Not Arriving to my buyers, and not arriving from sellers

Not all post offices have a "Metered Mail" slot. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

That's too bad. Lucky I live in a big city.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

On the one hand,    No metered mail slot at my PO.

On the other hand,   I haven't been having any issues with ESUS mail.

But I probably will now.   ☹️

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I’m experiencing very similar issues, I ship using this method for probably 85-90% of my cards. A rare issue every few months or so, now as of late, I’ve had two buyers message me saying the cards have not arrived, no tracking updates and it is after the expected delivery date and 6 other cards with no tracking updates either and not sure what the issue may be. Seems to be a growing concern and problem, I’m at the point I want to issue refunds and keep buyers happy but am wondering if the cards will still arrive and are just delayed for some reason. I’ve called eBay to inform them of the problems, my local Post office inquiring about delays, and no one seems to have any answers yet. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I am very curious why anyone sees a difference between the metered mail slot and the stamped mail slot.

No scans are done at your local PO on ESE.

They are scanned by high speed sorting machines at USPS hubs, and I do not believe stamped and metered mail are separated at that point in the process.

Not denying anyone's experience, it just does not make sense.

I have an ESE going out on Monday, I will make an effort to track it.

As for the comment on using it to ship a rare card, the value limit on ESE should make that a poor choice unless someone is selling rare cards for low prices.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@sub-sonic I've had very similar experiences as of late. As other comments have stated, appears that I'm running into this issue more frequently this past month.

After hours of digging, really not much for sellers to do to 'prove' it was shipped out if the ESUS tracking does not automatically update. Will add that the three times that I've had a 'item not received' notice, I've successfully been able to secure the insured value of the card through the PIP claim website.

Definitely a terrible feeling for seller when those listings pile up after 1+ month long showing no update, and no feedback has been received by the customer.

Overall, its a tough pill to swallow to get eaten up on these 'item not received' claims due to ESE. Especially knowing how it can impact your seller rating which is what has brought me to more research..

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Still having the same issue. I have been mailing them from the outgoing slot where my mailbox is located in my neighborhood. Like I said previously, maybe one or two per quarter would get lost. The past two months I have had 6 with no delivery information. I dropped one in the metered slot at the post office today, and will see what happens.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Everyone is having issues with ESUS because it’s garbage. It’s the first thing in 15 years that makes me want to delete my account and leave eBay forever. 

Sellers: there is no justification for using this method. You can twist it up any way you want and blame anything you want. The bottom line: it’s bad customer service to use ESUS and you will lose business by doing it. Hope saving some spare change is worth it. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@mbradley3317 wrote:

Everyone is having issues with ESUS because it’s garbage. It’s the first thing in 15 years that makes me want to delete my account and leave eBay forever. 

Sellers: there is no justification for using this method. You can twist it up any way you want and blame anything you want. The bottom line: it’s bad customer service to use ESUS and you will lose business by doing it. Hope saving some spare change is worth it. 

You will lose business as opposed to what? The people who charge $5 to ship a $4 card and light my money on fire? Or the people who ship stamp and envelope for the same price as ESUS, which is exactly the same thing except that no one can prove anyone even mailed anything and say goodbye to top rated seller status.

Most people who have frequent problems with ESUS are packing their envelopes wrong. Might want to watch this video.

https://youtu.be/f9SPX370_IE

Message 11 of 11
latest reply