cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Is Now A Useless Entity

I've been using Ebay for 20 years. Last item I auctioned Ebay decided I was a "new" user so I later found out they'd hold money for a sold item for a few weeks "just because" to be sure the buyer was happy. This despite my 100% positive rating but that's not what this is about. This is about an international sale, for which I'd set up the item. When it sold to a buyer in Japan Ebay instructed that I offer buyer shipping options so going through Ebay's own menu system I found that UPS Worldwide (I forget the exact name of it) was $117. In fact I sent the buyer a screen shot showing the choices through UPS and he decided. So he was invoiced for the final bid amount plus shipping and he paid. But when I went to generate a shipping label my only choice was USPS. Ebay chat session person said I'd only signed up for USPS but I don't remember where I did any such thing, or was given a clear option to choose what services I'd use for shipping and I certainly would NEVER have made USPS my only option.  Ebay said it could not change this once the sale was made, which of course is ABSURD. When I went to my personal UPS account the amount for shipping the same way had ballooned to more than $328. I told the buyer who'd already paid me the $117 that I'd split the difference between the $117 and $328 and he thanked me for offering but instead chose to cancel the whole thing, and I don't blame him. I'm totally done with selling anything on Ebay. What a total waste of my time and the buyer's time. If this is how you sell things on the Internet and like it, be my guest. I'm done. That they couldn't get this sale to go through their shipping system via UPS is absurd and furthermore that the shipping choices were not more clearly laid out and explained at the outset especially because once set, they are set in stone for the transaction, is absurd as well.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ebay Is Now A Useless Entity

This is for the Nucleus Core for over a thousand dollars? Since you havent had any sales in more than year, Ebay considers you a new seller, regardless of your feedback. And any sale now for over a thousand dollars means the funds will be held. Ebay has a thirty day mbg, and they prefer any refunds come out of your pocket not theirs.Not to mention PP's six month return option.Looks like you had only USPS listed as the shipping venue .

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I am sorry and I feel your frustration. eBay doesn't care because they do 2 Billion transactions a day

We're just some nominal entities to eBay. eBay has automated this system and deals are running by softwares. Any variation wouldn't be accepted for this reason 

Your Sales Venue is a contract between you and Buyer as eBay being the facilitator. In actuality, we are not the Sellers here but eBay is. We don't handle the money, our return policy doesn't mean a thing, taxes are collected by eBay and we pay percentage of total pay off(including the shipping costs) to eBay. We're the stock boys

If you decide to come back, I would suggest to add GSP to your global shipping. Let eBay do the work for you

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You made a mistake in the listing and had to cancel the order, and it's Ebay fault?

Have a great day
Message 4 of 4
latest reply