cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay HAS NO seller protection!! forced returns

Ebay thinks that they are amazon or Walmart now forcing buying to take returns regardless of remorse or purchased by mistake. Very aggravated that customer who want to return something can simply choose “does not match photos or not as described “ and Ebay will force the return on sellers. This an action site I don’t know why they keep trying to be like amazon it’s a joke. There has been so much fraud on the platform with this change it just doesn’t work.  I sold a broken phone for parts or repair. The listing description clearly stated that the device was not functional and needed to be repaired for parts. The pictures even showed that the device was broken and stuck on the Apple logo. The customer devices the item and opens up a return request stating that “the description wasn’t good enough” so Ebay forced me to take the return. Ebay stated “if the buyer is not happy with the item they have every right to return it with the new policy. This is a joke. I sell damaged  phones that need to be repaired if people can just buy broken things and can’t fix they Ebay now let’s them get a refund!! What a joke, there is no seller protection but more FRAUD happening on ebays platform. They are forcing sellers to accept returns against their will. They think there a big box retailer YOUR NOT! Your an auction site that is loosing all its credibility that it work so hard for over the last decade because you are trying to follow suit of other BOG BOX RETAILERS (which your not) and it’s pushing ALL its seller away! Policy needs to back their sellers as the sellers pay the high fees to cover Ebay’s bills! Buyers abuse returns = fraud 

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: Ebay HAS NO seller protection!! forced returns

Iev tried that but still no luck. If its not the catalogue its the pictures if its not the pictures its the description. Regardless any buyer who chooses " not as described " or "defective" its an automatic forced return. No way around it, if you call ebay to fight it you be on the phone for a very long time wasting your time because you'll keep repeating yourself with them telling you to accept the return.
Message 46 of 89
latest reply

@gizmosellers wrote:
unfortunately ebay does not have a phone number or an email address to file a complaint you have to PHYSICALLY WRITE AN LETTER to their corporate office. Talk about a joke. There is no seller protection at all. I wish it was somewhat limited to at lease say they have our backs but their is nothing in place. If you call Customer service they always side with the buyer.

You contradict yourself. You say they dont have a phone number to file a complaint, then you say they side with the buyer if you call.

Message 47 of 89
latest reply

There’s a phone number to call in regarding a return request but there is no number to a file a complaint. There is no contradiction there
Message 48 of 89
latest reply

I just had a similar experience with a buyer. Ebay just forced a return on me because the buyer claimed "item not as described' claiming the perfume was not authentic even though it never said it was. She said the barcode from the box she bought at the department store did not match the box she got from me. Then, why didnt you match up your box with the one in the listing? Then, ebay forced me to pay for her return shipping even though i reported her for abusing the money back guarantee policy. If buyers are not happy with their purchase and see that returns are not allowed, they will lie to get their money back. I believe if ebay wants to rule in a customer's favor in an item dispute, then ebay needs to pay for it themselves, not off the back's of the sellers. This is why I will never, ever sell anything with ebay ever again or buy from ebay. As soon as I can close my account, I am gone. I would strongly recommend sellers use another site or create their own to sell their products. Ebay needs to be selling this merchandise themselves so they have to understand what sellers go through. I am not saying all buyers are like this, but ebay needs to see that buyers will lie to get their money back. I know firsthand because I used to work at Walmart's customer service desk and they lie through their teeth, bringing back products in horrible condition expecting a full refund. 

Message 49 of 89
latest reply

@beauty2515 wrote:

I just had a similar experience with a buyer. Ebay just forced a return on me because the buyer claimed "item not as described' claiming the perfume was not authentic even though it never said it was. She said the barcode from the box she bought at the department store did not match the box she got from me. Then, why didnt you match up your box with the one in the listing? Then, ebay forced me to pay for her return shipping even though i reported her for abusing the money back guarantee policy. If buyers are not happy with their purchase and see that returns are not allowed, they will lie to get their money back. I believe if ebay wants to rule in a customer's favor in an item dispute, then ebay needs to pay for it themselves, not off the back's of the sellers. This is why I will never, ever sell anything with ebay ever again or buy from ebay. As soon as I can close my account, I am gone. I would strongly recommend sellers use another site or create their own to sell their products. Ebay needs to be selling this merchandise themselves so they have to understand what sellers go through. I am not saying all buyers are like this, but ebay needs to see that buyers will lie to get their money back. I know firsthand because I used to work at Walmart's customer service desk and they lie through their teeth, bringing back products in horrible condition expecting a full refund. 

You aren’t allowed to sell fake goods here. If the item wasn’t authentic, you shouldn’t have listed it. eBay got it right here. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 50 of 89
latest reply

I have some suggestions to add to the ebay seller protection program:

1. seller is only responsible for what the listing actually says, not what the buyer assumes. People can assume something out of anything. The buyer has the ability to ask questions if they are unsure and can request pictures. 

2. Buyer must return item in the condition by which it was received. Seller can take pictures of the condition they receive it in and compare it to the ones in the listing. (not for cases in which item was not received)

3. Negative feedback should be removed by ebay if the seller tried to resolve any issues in good faith(ex. allowed return even though returns are not allowed to make the buyer happy)

4.Ebay needs to defend sellers if buyers clearly violate the buyer protection program

5.Ebay needs to refund buyers themselves if the buyer and seller cannot reach an agreement. If the buyer makes a claim against a seller, the seller should be able to refute it. Ebay should handle item not as described cases themselves by comparing the pictures and listing content to those listed in the buyer's complaint. 

Message 51 of 89
latest reply

@beauty2515 wrote:

I have some suggestions to add to the ebay seller protection program:

1. seller is only responsible for what the listing actually says, not what the buyer assumes. People can assume something out of anything. The buyer has the ability to ask questions if they are unsure and can request pictures. 

2. Buyer must return item in the condition by which it was received. Seller can take pictures of the condition they receive it in and compare it to the ones in the listing. (not for cases in which item was not received)

3. Negative feedback should be removed by ebay if the seller tried to resolve any issues in good faith(ex. allowed return even though returns are not allowed to make the buyer happy)

4.Ebay needs to defend sellers if buyers clearly violate the buyer protection program

5.Ebay needs to refund buyers themselves if the buyer and seller cannot reach an agreement. If the buyer makes a claim against a seller, the seller should be able to refute it. Ebay should handle item not as described cases themselves by comparing the pictures and listing content to those listed in the buyer's complaint. 

I suggest you read ebays seller policies. You sold fake goods. You broke the rules. It doesn’t matter what your buyer assumed. You sold fake goods. Instead of suggesting ways for eBay to change, read their policies and change your ways.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 52 of 89
latest reply

You are absolutely right. In the last week I have had to pay to have 2 pairs of shoes returned to me because the buyer's pulled the same **bleep**. The shoes are perfect...they make something up so they can get a free return and I'm losing money BIG TIME. I'M SO ANGRY I'm about to completely break from ebay and use different outlets to sell my inventory. Ebay is making their money off of US...it's time they realize they have to be accountable to the sellers. 

@gizmosellers wrote:

Ebay thinks that they are amazon or Walmart now forcing buying to take returns regardless of remorse or purchased by mistake. Very aggravated that customer who want to return something can simply choose “does not match photos or not as described “ and Ebay will force the return on sellers. This an action site I don’t know why they keep trying to be like amazon it’s a joke. There has been so much fraud on the platform with this change it just doesn’t work.  I sold a broken phone for parts or repair. The listing description clearly stated that the device was not functional and needed to be repaired for parts. The pictures even showed that the device was broken and stuck on the Apple logo. The customer devices the item and opens up a return request stating that “the description wasn’t good enough” so Ebay forced me to take the return. Ebay stated “if the buyer is not happy with the item they have every right to return it with the new policy. This is a joke. I sell damaged  phones that need to be repaired if people can just buy broken things and can’t fix they Ebay now let’s them get a refund!! What a joke, there is no seller protection but more FRAUD happening on ebays platform. They are forcing sellers to accept returns against their will. They think there a big box retailer YOUR NOT! Your an auction site that is loosing all its credibility that it work so hard for over the last decade because you are trying to follow suit of other BOG BOX RETAILERS (which your not) and it’s pushing ALL its seller away! Policy needs to back their sellers as the sellers pay the high fees to cover Ebay’s bills! Buyers abuse returns = fraud 

Message 53 of 89
latest reply

I’m learning this the hard way today.  Buyer did not even open my box.  Decided she didn’t want it, and made up a sorry excuse of why it “wasn’t as described”.  (Because it was a tablecloth packed into a hand mixer box, so she said “I ordered a tablecloth, not a hand mixer” and filed for a return.). I have a no return policy but Ebay is forcing it on me anyway.  I also offered free shipping which means the refund is going to basically include shipping refund, so I am going to be out shipping both ways.  The buyer is a two-feedback scammer and I am a perfect feedback member since 1999.  The customer service reps on the phone just lied to me to make me feel like they were going to take care of my issue.  Ridiculous!  I’m a hobby seller who does not have enough money to pay for the whims and regrets of drive-by bidders.

Message 54 of 89
latest reply

Another very unsatisfied seller here.  I also learned the hard way any unscrupulous buyer with "buyer's remorse" can falsely claim any item is "defective or not as described" and Ebay will invariably side with the buyer without any kind of due diligence...even on a "no return item," like my listing was.  The Ebay representatives with whom I dealt with had scant knowledge about the product. In no way, do I believe they took the time to objectively examine the evidence in my case. Now I'm stuck paying double shipping and a negative mark on my reputation, not to mention all the wasted time and aggravation, thanks to a dishonest buyer and Ebays skewed  and slipshod policy of "buyer/seller protection."   

Message 55 of 89
latest reply

I SOLD A PHONE, & the buyer recieved it 4 DAYS AGO. I dont hear A PEEP from her until ALL THE SUDDEN, she claims its defective and dont automatically connect to wifi. This is ALL UNTRUE. The device was funtioning JUST FINE when i shipped it out. Now, Ive been screwed BIG TIME on a diff. site a while back. I sold a samsung note 8 and when i accepted the return, it was NOT the same device i sent. It was clearly switched out and they got refunded as well as the phone while i was out a $900 phone as well as my $450 i was selling it for.  If Im buying a pricey item, & something is wrong, the 1ST thing Im doing is inspecting it closely and IMMIDIATLEY contacting ebay and the seller to state my issue. I am NOT waiting 4 freakin days to say something. How do i know she is going to send me the item i sent her? Then it CLEARLY says NO RETURNS...aka NO BUYERS REMORSE... AM I JUST BEING FORCED TO DO WHAT MY LISTING PROHIBITS? NOTHING IS WRONG WITH MY PRODUCT. I AM LABELED AS AN OUTSTANDING EBAY SELLER....More like a SCREWED SELLER 

Message 56 of 89
latest reply

they dont care about us, they get their money no matter what
Message 57 of 89
latest reply

The difference is, Amazon and the like are online stores, ebay is, was, an online yard sale. You can't hold sellers of unique items, broken cell phones, to the guy who is selling cell phone cases all day long form a warehouse, it's common sense. If you buy a phone described as, broken, for parts, you should be stuck with it, or go back to get your GED.
Message 58 of 89
latest reply

Haven't tried it yet, but doesn't ebay say you can hold up to 50% if you are not satisfied the item returned was in the same condition? I'm sure that won't work out too well, but ebay CSR's are always telling me this.
Message 59 of 89
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@gizmosellerswrote:

Hi @gizmosellers, I'm not able to go into details here on the boards, but it looks like you were provided accurate information by Customer Service. I recommend you contact them again if you have further questions or concerns.

OH! Please!   CS was no help  to him.

Message 60 of 89
latest reply