cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-DELCON to Brazil, Russia and Mexico safe?

Hello,

Last years, I blocked all these contries (Brazil, Russia and Mexico) since Shipsaver insurance doesn't cover them. But now (2017), I saw that USPS provide the E-DELCON INTL service (First Class Mail with tracking number) for these countries:

https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_022.htm

Does anyone have experience with E-DELCON service to Brazil, Russia and Mexico?

Does the tracking numbers to these countries really can track? How long it take to deliver to buyers?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: E-DELCON to Brazil, Russia and Mexico safe?

I exclude all 3 countries, although I might consider insured Priority Mail to Brazil if I were selling new items. (Brazil does not allow import of used goods to individuals.)

Tracking to e-DelCon countries does work but some countries are known for Customs corruption and "iffy" postal systems. International FCPS does not provide insurance and no inquiries regarding loss are entertained. So if a package goes astray, too bad.

My experience is with e-Delcon to Germany and Australia, generally with delivery in 8-12 days from Seattle via Los Angeles. Much depends on potential Customs delays at the U.S. dispatch point as well as in the destination country.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I wouldnt ship to Russia again for all the tea in China. 3 times Ive tried it, all 3 times it never got marked as delivered
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

It is highly likely that any package you ship to those countries will be stolen while in customs.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I don't ship to any of those countries either. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Do not ship to Russia - very bad postal system, customs delays/additional charges, missing/stolen parcels, etc
Also, russian buyers often claim INR, NAD, and leave Negs
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

It can take over 6 months for a product to clear customs in Brazil. I'd not ship it that way.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

USPS frist class used to show delivered status on Brazil and Mexico but not Russia when the custom form begins with "LZ", now nothing show on "UA"

I ship to Russia regualrly for 5 years , I remeber I only have one inr case opened. But my item are not expensive so I can live.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

But does it shows delivery status as other countries that have USPS E-Delcon service?

6 month is enough long for buyers win the case/ dispute 😞

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

With E-delcon service from USPS? 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

That means USPS E-DELCON can show delivered status on Brazil and Mexico.
Last year, USPS did not provide this E-DELCON service for these countries so I blocked them. With almost other contries that have USPS E-DELCON, we can track delivered status but I just concern about Brazil and Mexico since sellers complain alot about the complexity of customs and  postal system.

So, the tracking numbers for Brazil and Mexico starts with "LZ" and shows delivery status.

But the tracking numbers for Russia start with "UA" and will not show delivery status?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@hnd363 wrote:

That means USPS E-DELCON can show delivered status on Brazil and Mexico.
Last year, USPS did not provide this E-DELCON service for these countries so I blocked them. With almost other contries that have USPS E-DELCON, we can track delivered status but I just concern about Brazil and Mexico since sellers complain alot about the complexity of customs and  postal system.

So, the tracking numbers for Brazil and Mexico starts with "LZ" and shows delivery status.

But the tracking numbers for Russia start with "UA" and will not show delivery status?

anyone have more info on this? is Russia Brazil and Mexoico trackable so you are protected by paypal?

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Oh my god, again with all this ridiculously false info.

All depends on the type of tracking number.
The fake ones that start with LC or LS or whatever L are in fact non-trackable.
The real ones that must with C or R (typicaly CP########US, last letters indicate country of origin) are fully trackable. This is an international standard. When I ship something from Russia my items get R##########RU for small packets or C#########RU for large parcels.

I have no idea why your USPS keeps issuing fake numbers, confusing both sellers and buyers. Then again USPS is kind of famous for numerous violations of rules of international postal union.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

What do you mean false info?

People are asking is it safe to ship TO theses countries from the United states and the USPS  tracking numbers to the counttries I now ship to start with LZ for first class E-delcon postage. 

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

anyone have any info on this?

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 15 of 15
latest reply