cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this buyer really expect a refund on INR?

I just had a INR case opened by a buyer who said tracking showed his item was delivered yesterday but he never received it.

He stated that he received THREE packages yesterday but mine wasn't one of them.  I asked him if his mailbox may have been full so the carrier may have taken the package back to the post office?

His answer~~"There should have been plenty of room as THE OTHER TWO PACKAGES WERE SMALL".  I replied asking him how big the THIRD package was (which was most likely my package)?  So far no reply.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Make sure to replay to the INR with the tracking info that shows it was delivered. 

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

I did that immediately.  The tracking shows it was delivered at 12:36 yesterday.  I even asked him to check the tracking on his other THREE packages to see what time they were scanned as delivered~~that way he would know if the carrier may have delivered it somewhere else.  He still hasn't answered that.  I sent his a message asking him if that 3rd package may have been big enough that there wasn't room for my package~~no answer on that yet either.

He did say that if  packages are too big his carrier will USUALLY bring them to the house and not leave them at his mailbox.  His mailbox must be rural and away from the house.  My package was in a flat rate bubble mailer.

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

@kattinsanity wrote:

I just had a INR case opened by a buyer who said tracking showed his item was delivered yesterday but he never received it.

He stated that he received THREE packages yesterday but mine wasn't one of them.  I asked him if his mailbox may have been full so the carrier may have taken the package back to the post office?

His answer~~"There should have been plenty of room as THE OTHER TWO PACKAGES WERE SMALL".  I replied asking him how big the THIRD package was (which was most likely my package)?  So far no reply.

Advise the buyer to ask his mail carrier if he/she knows where they put the package. Or have him call his local Post Ofice. Respond to the INR by uploading the tracking no. It is no longer your concern, buyer has to find out where his missing package is. 

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

I checked his feedback left and he has a BIG history of being refunded for damaged items, items not as described in the listings, etc..  It's not my problem~~I already did all I was required to do--it was delivered.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

@kattinsanity wrote:

I checked his feedback left and he has a BIG history of being refunded for damaged items, items not as described in the listings, etc..  It's not my problem~~I already did all I was required to do--it was delivered.

He will lose the INR case. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

If you uploaded tracking to the case showing delivery then call eBay and they will close the case out right away.

I had same thing happen today.

Buyer opened INR case, sent me a message saying trackign shows delivered but they didn't receieve.
I added tracking to the case and then called eBay and had case closed in my favor within 5 minutes

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

I'll do that 1st thing in the morning.  I've spent a lot of time on the phone today trying to do something that nobody knows who is suppose to do it (personal) and I don't even want to look at the phone let alone use it. 

The buyer answered back that the 3 packages received yesterday were 2 lipsticks and a mascara his wife bought.  I told him it really made no difference~~he needs to contact his post office as to where his package is.  I proved delivery by the tracking info to ebay and there is nothing more I can do.

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

BBL right away and call that in and have it closed.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

What was the item?  How much did it cost including shipping? 

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Lately I have had tracking show items delivered that didnt actually show up until 2 or 3 days later.  It is impossible to prove a negative.  I as a buyer cant prove I got "nothing".  And of course as soon as I ask the PO where's the package they tell me to "check the house" or "ask the family" (who dont live here any more).  A couple of times I have been able to get a "see if it was misdelivered to [house on another street with similar number].  I usually tell them no YOU check with the other house - you were paid to deliver it.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

A couple of times I have been able to get a "see if it was misdelivered to [house on another street with similar number].  I usually tell them no YOU check with the other house - you were paid to deliver it.

How does that work out for you? 

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

The item was a transformer for a vintage door chime~~$27.99 with free shipping.  Shipping flat rate priority cost me $7.25.  I just got a message from him that the package showed up today (after I told him it made no difference what the other 3 items were~~I proved through tracking to ebay the item was delivered yesterday so he would have to deal with his post office). 

I'm always cordial to customers with problems but even with tracking showing it was delivered yesterday this guy blamed me insinuating I never shipped it~~hard to be cordial.  These buyers I can really do without.  He goes on my list.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

My package was in a flat rate bubble mailer.

So it included insurance?  I'm not seeing a problem here, other than everybody jumping the gun.  You're protected, and the buyer should be covered if it never turns up.

It is not at all uncommon for a buyer to get an email stating a parcel has been delivered, but have it not show up for a day or two.  If everybody remains calm, the package often arrives, and everybody goes on to live a drama-free life.  If it never gets delivered, you either file the insurance claim or provide the buyer with the documentation to do so himself.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@couldabeenworse wrote:

My package was in a flat rate bubble mailer.

So it included insurance?  I'm not seeing a problem here, other than everybody jumping the gun.  You're protected, and the buyer should be covered if it never turns up.

How is the buyer covered if it "never shows up"?  Tracking shows the package as delivered. 

Message 15 of 32
latest reply