cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined shipping

I'm new to this, I do not have a seller hub and wonder without that how do I let a customer buy more than one thing without paying double shipping? It's just small books so it won't cost more if I mail them together 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Combined shipping

Just have the buyer pay the total from ebay. Then, you issue a refund for whatever the combined shipping rate difference per your shipping policy.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes,  714ricki advises what is really the only "solution".  I include in my listings the following, I got this idea from another seller, include it in my listings and anyone is free to use it.  Bay does not do well with combined shipping calculations for the reasons shown below.  It's not perfect, but....

Combined Shipping:   To see the combined shipping discount, please use the "Add to Cart" button instead of the "Buy it Now" button to place all desired items in your cart. Prior to checkout, make sure the ship methods for every item are the same and are NOT set to First Class Mail as this method will not combine. We recommend trying different shipping options as the combined discount for each method will vary.  Once checkout is initiated and before you pay for the order, if applicable, you will see the discount applied to your order's total.  Combined Shipping does not always work perfectly, eBay combines the item weights but does not take into account the possibility that a larger package may be needed.  Seller reserves the right to adjust or change shipping methods to avoid incurring additional seller-paid shipping charges.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

On your shipping preferences  page you need to set up combined shipping rules for flat rate and / or calculated shipping. First make sure that you preferences are set up to 'allow combines payments and shipping'.  Then you can set up shipping rules.  Once the rules are set up, you can indicate on each listing page which rule you want to associate with that listing. There are also promotional shipping rules on that page that may work better for you.   

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@d.c.enterprises 

eBay doesn't automatically combine shipping in the cart. You still need to set up calculated or shipping rules as I mentioned in my previous post.   You don't appear to have any set up right now.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply