cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined Shipping Issue - Please Advise

I purchased four 3.7oz bottles of foundation from a seller.  Prior to purchasing, I checked the sellers terms and combined shipping wasn’t ever addressed. Usually, if a seller doesn’t combine shipping, they will state that. It was not stated. Seller charges $8.20 (which is excessive in and of itself, but I digress). I asked for a combined shipping invoice which I have done on many occasions without ever having an issue. 

After opening a non payment case, I messaged again for a combined shipping invoice. I then received a combined invoice with a shipping charge of $25.  I was flabbergasted. That is excessive because he will send them in a flat rate bubble mailer for $7.55. 

I sent him another message stating my disbelief at the shipping costs of $25 for four small bottles. He sends a response stating that he doesn’t combine shipping and he apologized for not making it clear in his listing and he was giving me a 20% discount. He said that because he starts his prices for less (mind you - the foundations cost over $20 each) .  

I sent him another message saying that it is very bad business practice to try to recoup money you feel you lost in shipping charges and that he should be prepared for people who would like to purchase multiple items and he needs to clarify multiple shipping charges in his listings. 

At at this point, I don’t know what to do. I definitely don’t want to pay $25 for shipping but I don’t want to get hit with 4 unpaid item strikes either!!

Please advise. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Combined Shipping Issue - Please Advise

If combined shipping wasn't mentioned, you have no right to expect it. Pay for your items and learn to ask for combined shipping BEFORE buying.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

If a seller combines shipping, it always says that in the listing...you went ahead and bought the items without any clear knowledge that shipping was combined, if you dont want four non payer strikes..pay up.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I wouldn't  pay the $25.00 exorbitant shipping.  Its just good customer service to combine shipping even though it wasn't stated in the listing.  Let this sellers non payment case play out.   1-Strike want hurt you.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@lilbama911 wrote:

I wouldn't  pay the $25.00 exorbitant shipping.  Its just good customer service to combine shipping even though it wasn't stated in the listing.  Let this sellers non payment case play out.   1-Strike want hurt you.

Unfortunately the OP will come out of this with multiple strikes and they will hurt him.

OP, lesson learned. You need to inquire about combined shipping before you buy.

The lord knows my heart so I ain't trippin' off no church

Positive is the attitude
Negative is not the mood
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your response. The seller is standing firm about the shipping so I guess I have no choice. But since he is being a jerk, I guess I can request him to send me an invoice for each one individually and then pay the shipping. I would rather not have his 20% discount on shipping 🙂 he can then ship them all separately. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@seveno42 wrote:

Thank you for your response. The seller is standing firm about the shipping so I guess I have no choice. But since he is being a jerk, I guess I can request him to send me an invoice for each one individually and then pay the shipping. I would rather not have his 20% discount on shipping 🙂 he can then ship them all separately. 

Sorry, even if you request separate invoices the seller can still ship them all in one box.  Don't pass on the 20% because the seller isn't offering the level of service you want.  If you do, the seller will get to keep that 20%.

As others have stated, the seller isn't required to state whether or not they offer combined shipping or the terms of their combined shipping.  The time to ask is before you pay.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

@seveno42 wrote:

Sorry, even if you request separate invoices the seller can still ship them all in one box.  Don't pass on the 20% because the seller isn't offering the level of service you want.  If you do, the seller will get to keep that 20%.

As others have stated, the seller isn't required to state whether or not they offer combined shipping or the terms of their combined shipping.  The time to ask is before you pay.

Actually, the time to ask is before placing the order.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Just request to cancel the order. Find another seller.

Easy peasy…..

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@fayettenam32 wrote:

Easy peasy…..

Actually, it may not be as easy as that if the seller decides not to accept the cancellation request.  The time to ask questions is still before making the purchase, not after.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@fayettenam32 wrote:

Easy peasy…..

With UPI opened the sale can not be cancelled. Option is not there once a case is opened.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@fayettenam32 wrote:

Easy peasy…..

With UPI opened the sale can not be cancelled. Option is not there once a case is opened.

This is true.  Once UID is opened the buyer's choice is pay or not pay. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply