cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined Shipping Error

I have had this issue multiple times now. I have several listings with multiple different variations of baseball cards, so people will frequently buy them together as they are part of the same sets. If someone does this, it will allow me to combine the shipping orders in Ebay, but when I go to pay for the postage, it will error out and say, "there was an error getting your label. You have not been charged for this order". Or something similar to that verbiage. While I am not charged for the order, Ebay adds a tracking number to each card within the order, but this label cannot be accessed at all on the order details page or shipping label page. The only way I have found to do combined shipping is to go to USPS and manually add a tracking ID to each listing after marking the order as shipped.

However, if I have tried to do the combined shipping through Ebay first, it will not allow me to delete/modify the original erroneous tracking number or add the new tracking number to the order. I have had this happen with three separate orders, and I have had to message the buyer each time to let them know of the issue. The major concern is that I am now in danger of losing my top rated seller status from these orders as the tracking number is not shown as being shipped within 24 hours (as cannot place the new tracking number on the order or delete the old one). My question is 1) Is there a way to fix this issue so I can do combined shipping in Ebay (or do I just need to get labels directly from USPS) and 2) Can the dings to my top rated seller status be removed as I did ship the items within 24 hours, but I have no way of inserting the correct tracking numbers with these orders?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Combined Shipping Error

There are several different things going on here @jlzpicking. First question: are you using the app or the website?

I suggest using the website and using bulk shipping. You can switch to bulk shipping by clicking a link at the top of the shipping label page, or just bookmark this direct link:

https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/bulk

On the top of the bulk shipping page you'll see this:

combine.png

Remember if the order total exceeds ESE limits, you cannot generate an ESE label and you'd have to either: 1. upgrade to first class package with tracking or 2. remove items from the bulk shipping page before combining, so you're staying within the ESE limits, and splitting up the shipment into multiple packages.

If you're not using ESE and instead using first class package then ignore that last paragraph.

As for tracking being uploaded with an erred out label purchase: 1. no, you cannot delete a tracking number if the label is purchased through eBay but 2. that doesn't matter because yes, you can add a new tracking number manually. Next to the tracking number on the seller hub orders page, click 'edit' next to the tracking number and you'll be able to manually add a second tracking number.

No, eBay will not remove any late shipping marks on these orders.

I'm not sure exactly where you're getting hung up in the process without more details, but the above general info should hopefully get you to where you need to be.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Combined Shipping Error

These have all been with USPS First Class parcels, so it isn't an issue with ebay shipping just buying labels through ebay. Also, if I try to add a new tracking number to the orders once this issue has occurred, if I refresh the page, the new shipping number disappears and the old one will still be the only one on there no matter what I do. 

This was all done using the website as you showed in the above process, but if just doesn't seem to work right now. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Combined Shipping Error

@jlzpicking wrote:

if I try to add a new tracking number to the orders once this issue has occurred, if I refresh the page, the new shipping number disappears and the old one will still be the only one on there no matter what I do. 

OK so let's look at this part above.

When you go to your orders page, the tracking number is a hyperlink. When you click that hyperlink there's a pop-up window.

At the top of that pop-up window you will see a drop-down showing 2 different tracking numbers if the new number was successfully entered. Are you seeing that? Thinking this could be an issue where you're seeing the original number as the default, but the other tracking info is actually there if you know where to look.

If that's not the case, then walk me through adding a second tracking number. You:

- Click edit next to the original tracking number

- On the next page you see the original tracking number and no other number.

- You click the 'add' link and put in the new/second tracking number.

- You save the changes.

Then what happens?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Combined Shipping Error

I have done that and when I refresh the page, the new tracking number is no longer shown at the top of the page or otherwise. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Combined Shipping Error

Hey @jlzpicking - so when you click the tracking number and the pop-up appears, you don't see the second tracking number at the top of the pop-up window?

Have you tried adding the second tracking number using a different browser? Or perhaps the app?

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply