cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chosen worldwide shipping but Norway is excluded!!!!!!!

Seller has changed shipping to Worldwide. I live in Norway, but yet I can't buy the item as it says ITEM CANT BE SENT TO NORWAY.

This has never been a problem in the past. Sure some sellers chose European Union, but since Norway is not a part of EU this can be a problem. I wonder if UK is facing the same problem as we Norwegian have when confronted with seller who ships only to EU? 

Anyone able to give me a reply that explain why Norway is excluded from worldwide sales, along countries like Afghanistan. It simply makes no sense. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Ask your seller to add your user name to his Blocked Bidder Exemption list. Then try to buy.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I asked the seller. Waiting for response from him regarding your tip. I will update as soon as he has written back. 

Thanks. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

The seller can also add Norway as a ship-to country on the particular item you want.  It's a head scratcher why one WOULDN'T ship to Norway if they ship internationally - there might be a just an oversight.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Yes I never experienced this problem before today with one Australian seller. He has changed from shipping only to Australia to worldwide.

However, Norway is excluded from the destination list. One can see countries that is not included in worldwide and Norway is listed, along with Afghanistan, North Korea, etc.

I have bought thousands of items over the years from international sellers, using worldwide shipping. Until now. With this item: 133785607471. I start wonder if Australia has done something due to covid or whatever, that they refuse to ship to Norway?

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Seller has tried adjust settings for the item in question. Didn't work. So now he is on the phone with ebay.

I wish him good luck. I never gotten any decent help calling them. Like when they promised me to sort out a situation where I had paid double VAT on items, first charged by ebay, then the VOEC code was unreadable and customs charged me customs tax yet again when the items arrived. I didn't get a refund. From ebay or the seller. It was too late to do anything else but eat the costs. It was over 70 euro in VAT.  Well that's a different matter than this problem I am having now. 

I must say seller really has gone out of his ways to try make this sale go through for me. I feel bad having to write him so many times asking him to do things that might help. He will get a really good feedback if this end up working. 

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@andromedagalaxy  The seller might try simply changing to "worldwide" with no exclusions, rather than trying to add a country - just for this one item that you'll purchase.  It's really an odd problem, but when I was shipping internationally (I stopped for Covid because packages were getting lost to very reliable countries) country selections were not always easy to use.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Hi !

I am experiencing a very similar problem.  Was the seller successful with contacting ebay? 

Thank you so much. 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

It has now spread to ANY ebay seller from Australia, its impossible to chose Norway as shipping destination.  I have checked at least 10 sellers that have worldwide shipping but Norway is not possible. Its on the no-list, along with North Korea, Afghanistan, South Pole and other no-no countries. I tried get info from ebay but alas no help or explanation why this is the case. Very annoying.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Nope, seller had to cancel my purchase, so I got a refund. Still not possible to chose Norway as destination, even when seller has worldwide shipping.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I'm experiencing the same situation as well 😞

The seller is very kind trying helping me with it, but it looks like there's something that won't add Norway to my possibility for check out...very frustrating!

😕

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

The whole thing is just a big mess. Nobody can explain why this has happened suddenly and out of the blue. Its still not possible. Norway still excluded from worldwide shipping. By default. Only on ebay.com.au.

Still private you can ship to Norway from Australia without any problems. Just ebay that refuse to sell anything to us Norwegians. The Swedes are included in worldwide, which we share border with.

Its all a big mystery. And ebay support tell they look into it, but nothing happens. Then you have to start explain all over again next time you contact to get answers. Don't they have a case log system?

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

It must be an excluded location chosen by that seller despite delivering worldwide. It is either because of bad experience dealing with buyers from Norway, or simply geographic ignorance when adding Norway to exclusion list. Ask a seller if he/she would ship it. Another thing - Norway has Afghan and such population migrated to it, so it could be that sellers don`t want to deal with those folks, who just changed address, but not mentality.

I ship to Norway, but not to Italy, for example - Italian post is very unreliable, and my buyers had a bad attitude.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Notice the date of the original message?

So a seller would actually exclude Norway on the basis of the possibility that some immigrants there from a certain nation might possibly buy from him? 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

FYI, Norway has that crisis way before OP posted the question. So yes, it is very possible. 

Message 15 of 25
latest reply