cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chosen worldwide shipping but Norway is excluded!!!!!!!

Seller has changed shipping to Worldwide. I live in Norway, but yet I can't buy the item as it says ITEM CANT BE SENT TO NORWAY.

This has never been a problem in the past. Sure some sellers chose European Union, but since Norway is not a part of EU this can be a problem. I wonder if UK is facing the same problem as we Norwegian have when confronted with seller who ships only to EU? 

Anyone able to give me a reply that explain why Norway is excluded from worldwide sales, along countries like Afghanistan. It simply makes no sense. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Chosen worldwide shipping but Norway is excluded!!!!!!!

I have two more 2 cents:

1. This might be due to some recent VAT/tax regulations. I had a buyer from the UK having a hard time buying one of my item (on another platform). Later, he messaged me that it was that platform blocking the UK along with some other countries due to the new VAT requirements. 

2. If it is some brand name (cosmetics or fragrance most of the time), then all of Europe is excluded from shipping - ebay does not allow to import some brands to Europe (normally, if a seller doesn`t exclude Europe, a listing is taken down for parallel import violation - those brands closely monitor and report those listings to ebay)

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

I just sold an item and printed out a shipping label for a buyer in Norway. Had no problem at all. Then again I use Pirateship not eBay.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Since your issue is specific to sellers that list on eBay.com.au, have you considered posting this on the .com.au discussion boards @andromedagalaxy?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Seller(s) have all chosen worldwide shipping - without any restrictions. Everyone suffers from the same problem, Norway is excluded from worldwide shipping. This applies to ebay.com.au ONLY. All the other ebay regions are fine shipping to Norway. So, your argument does not apply to this situation.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

You posted on the .com forums. This would be a better place to discuss the problem:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/Technicalissues 

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 20 of 25
latest reply

I just experienced the same problem with a seller listed on ebay.com. Norway was listed as a country they ship to, and when asking them about it they said that sometimes eBay was not specific enough with the countries. They were unable to ship to me. But then I learned that their location was in the UK and I figured this might has something to do with Brexit..🤷🏼‍♀️

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

That's like the worst explanation I have ever read. 

Obviously not the case...

Besides it solved itself, I have purchased the item now when ebay.com.au finally came to their senses.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

The entire situation is only a major wreck. It's not possible for anyone to make sense of why this has happened out of nowhere and unexpectedly. Its as yet unrealistic. Norway actually avoided from overall delivery. Of course. Just on ebay.com.au.

Still confidential you can transport to Norway from Australia with next to no issues. Just ebay that won't offer anything to us Norwegians. The Swedes are remembered for around the world, which we share line with betpro.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Yes the issue has become resolved, took some time, but for the last year it's become possible to buy again.

Still not sure why they excluded Norway (or other non EU-countries) shipment option for so long.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply