cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't list Priority & First class options at same time. Ebays says it's on purpose?

I added listings the last few days... and priority shipping doesn't show in the listing for most zip codes, if 1st class is offered. Remove 1st class, and priority shows up again.

Called & rep said ebay's limiting priority offerings to some (most) zips because of post office delays.

Anyone else seeing this? Have a solution? Have a better explanation than this answer, that if true is a batty policy.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Can't list Priority & First class options at same time. Ebays says it's on purpose?

I want to pick both your replies, several of them for solution. Since can't, I'll pick the one of the first ones.

Thank you so very much!!!

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

Re: Can't list Priority & First class options at same time. Ebays says it's on purpose?

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

eBay didn't say they would show only one option. They will skip showing options that are more expensive and not faster. Take a look at the example in the Announcement.  They're still showing 3 of the 4 services that the seller listed.

At the time of this announcement, I was surprised that there wasn't more push-back about the stupidity of this. I guess that's because nobody read it.

I think that there was push back, but as with some other things that we understand are stupid, eBay continues to not adjust to logic presented to them.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

I just sold an item with a shipping weight of 11 pounds.  The buyer paid for Parcel Select for $46, when I did the label I noticed that UPS and Fedex were only about $20 each.  So I checked my other listings and none of them show the services that I offer.  Why wouldn't UPS or Fedex show up as an option?? 

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

The shipping calculator defaults to show retail prices. So eBay wouldn't show the UPS or FedEx options if their retail price was higher than the cost of Parcel Select Ground, unless their delivery time was also faster (according to eBay's own estimation of the delivery dates).

Message 34 of 34
latest reply