cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't list Priority & First class options at same time. Ebays says it's on purpose?

I added listings the last few days... and priority shipping doesn't show in the listing for most zip codes, if 1st class is offered. Remove 1st class, and priority shows up again.

Called & rep said ebay's limiting priority offerings to some (most) zips because of post office delays.

Anyone else seeing this? Have a solution? Have a better explanation than this answer, that if true is a batty policy.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Can't list Priority & First class options at same time. Ebays says it's on purpose?

I see this on the Mickey hat when shipping to 33101. No regular Priority just First Class and Priority Express.

113.png

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Re: Can't list Priority & First class options at same time. Ebays says it's on purpose?

Yep, to 38868 it works fine. To 12409 the priority option disappears. 33101 doesn't work either.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

As nobody*s posted. eBay policy.

This has been happening for over a year.

eBay may have tweaked it a bit more now, or the EED's may be doing it by Zip without any changes.

I would not expect any "fix", as it is functioning as designed by eBay.

How do you know it's ebay's policy and been happening over a year?

What are EEDs?

I'd like to know if it's a problem for other people. Ebay wont' change it if they don't think it's a problem. Also if there are work arounds since it seems like a problem to me.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

We know because it was in the eBay Announcements in June 2019: "eBay will now only show the most cost effective shipping services for a given delivery speed, hiding higher priced options."

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Showing-Buyers-the-Best-Shipping-Options/ba-p/29886668

The only "workaround" i can think of is to put the higher-priced option first.

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Order of options hasn't mattered. Thanks for the link. Obviously I've never seen it.

That is beyond problematic. Did people object to it? Anyone find it a problem?

If ebay's delivery was exacting that'd be fine. But it's not!!

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

Does say this. Maybe it will work. I'll try it.

What else do I need to know?

The first shipping option you designate will always be shown on the listing and in search and never removed.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

@cheri--b wrote:

As nobody*s posted. eBay policy.

This has been happening for over a year.

eBay may have tweaked it a bit more now, or the EED's may be doing it by Zip without any changes.

I would not expect any "fix", as it is functioning as designed by eBay.

How do you know it's ebay's policy and been happening over a year?

What are EEDs?

I'd like to know if it's a problem for other people. Ebay wont' change it if they don't think it's a problem. Also if there are work arounds since it seems like a problem to me.

Sorry, my typo. fingers faster than mind. EED  should have been EDD.

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

"We know because it was in the eBay Announcements in June 2019: "eBay will now only show the most cost effective shipping services for a given delivery speed, hiding higher priced options."

Well you see, this is the problem.  Why when you are listing an item you are allowed to select  up to 4 shipping options but then eBay will choose the option that will be use and not the buyer?

There are 26 or so Shipping Options.  You are not allowed to select all 26 Options, you are only allowed to select  up to 4 Options (for domestic).  So if eBay wants you to offer only one Option then you should only be allowed to select 1 Shipping Option and not up to 4.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Doesn't work well. The 1st entry says so both shows up. However, that 1st entry if higher prices is the default price listed with the listing. So now one's listing gives no hint of lower shipping option.

Their decision ignores that unguaranteed more expensive services can still provide a faster delivery by default.

Thank you though!! That helps explain what's going on.

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

eBay didn't say they would show only one option. They will skip showing options that are more expensive and not faster. Take a look at the example in the Announcement.  They're still showing 3 of the 4 services that the seller listed.

At the time of this announcement, I was surprised that there wasn't more push-back about the stupidity of this. I guess that's because nobody read it.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

"The only "workaround" i can think of is to put the higher-priced option first."

I tried you workaround and that does resolve the issue of not seeing the First Class Mail and Priority Mail being offered for Domestic Mail. 

I remember before when the system worked differently, the Options offered were displayed in the order they were selected during the listing.  Example, if your first Option was Priority Mail this is what a person would see on the main page with the Listing.  They would have to click on "SEE DETAILS" to see if other Options were available. If First Class Mail was the first option then this is what would be displayed on the main page listing.

Screenshot 2020-12-20 10.png

Screenshot 2020-12-20 11.png

Screenshot 2020-12-20 12.png

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

"eBay didn't say they would show only one option. "

Yep, you are correct.  It is not that they say they will only show one option, it is that in my situation what happens is only one option is offered.  But it looks like your workaround should fix that for me.

Is there a workaround with International Mail to offer the Global Shipping Program and eBay Standard International Shipping on the same listing?  The more expensive option is faster, so it seems that their rule should apply and offer both options, but it does not.

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

I agree, ebay should let buyers and seller choose, not ebay's automated system that isn't that logical.

Careful that the workaround of putting priority 1st, also means priority will be your listing's shipping cost. It won't be the cheapest that you offer.

Maybe slowly there'll be more pushback. They didn't want to clutter for buyers but didn't take into account that a more expensive slower option may:

1) offer insurance or better packaging

2) may not be slower. The usps isn't perfect in it's descriptions. Priority is faster even if it's listed for the same day ranges or even later ones. Don't they KNOW this about priority?

What's EDD? I don't know that one either.

Thank you all for the ideas and info! I wouldn't have guessed.

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

EDD =  estimated delivery date.  The estimates in eBay listings and transactions are put there by eBay and don't always agree with the USPS estimates.  eBay has their own secret formula based on handling time, individual sellers' performance, etc.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

EDD - ah delivery estimates.

I find Ebay's formula isn't so very perfect. That explains why they're depending on it - it's their own invention.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply