cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I really NOT get neg feedback removed from complaining dropshipper?

I just got a neg from whom I assume is a dropshipper but I really don't know, could be just an normal buyer. The reason they gave is because the item is taking too long to arrive, but the estimated arrival window has not passed. I assume it showed the estimated time when they made the purchase, so that is on them for agreeing to it and now just not liking that is actually taking that amount of time. Possibly the estimate got extended at some point but I don't see that on the tracking history.

The item is going all the way to Saudi Arabia. I have GPS checked off for any shipments outside of the US, but apparently this did not go GPS. That why I assume it a drop shipper. It went through Glendale Heights/Melrose IL DHL eCommerce shipping hubs. For some reason I thought I had heard that Ebay will not allow drop shippers to leave neg feedback. Biggest thing to me is that the reason they gave is unjustified because the time frame for delivery has not passed. I thought it would be a slam dunk to get this removed but apparently not because neither the online system not a live rep would remove it.

I'm po'ed about this because I completely don't deserve this neg. Hell, what if a bunch of dropshippers bypassed GSP and got mad because items didn't arrive to their customers quick enough and all left me negs dropping my score down to the 80's? Would I just have to be fine with that? What are your experiences with this and did you just have to live with the neg or were able to get it removed?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Can I really NOT get neg feedback removed from complaining dropshipper?

Is the address as Saudi Arabia or an address like in Florida or Delaware? Meaning is the item going direct to Saudi Arabia and not "freight forward" to an address in the USA?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Even if eBay didn't allow 'dropshippers' to leave negative feedback.

How would eBay know who is a dropshipper and who isn't? People don't select the option on their account 'dropshipper'.

And then, why would a dropshipper who purchased from you not have the ability to leave a feedback ?

Sorry, doesn't work like that.

HOWEVER, if you sell internationally and use eBay's international shipping program then that feedback would have been removed.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

It looks like your item was sold through eBay's International shipping program, it's posted in the listing and you say the item went to eBay's shipping hub in Glendale Heights, Illinois. Once the package reaches that hub you are no longer responsible for the item. 
You should contact eBay to remove the feedback. Since the item did go through eIS. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

To Robbie:

Yeah I know that, that's why I said I "assume" they are drop shippers, not that I know. I also know they should have the right to leave feedback... that was just something I thought I have heard someone mention in the past... that Ebay would step in and remove feedback in those cases if they could somehow tell that is was through typical shipping channels used by dropshippers. 

To jamestamps:

The address I see it going to is(name x'ed out by me):

eIS C/O XXXXXXXXXXX
110 Internationale Blvd
evtn:s6r5k8g
Glendale Heights, IL 60139-2080

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

That address is eBay's International shipping hub. eIS stands for eBay International Shipping. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@leareamc 

Sellers (drop shippers) cannot leave negative feedback.  Buyers only get positive even though some are not deserved.

Happy St. Pats Day!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Yeah, you used eIS so you should be able to get it removed.

I would use the feedback removal tool and write up that the issues are completely outside of your control because it's an eIS order and eIS policy that this feedback should be removed.

You can access the feedback removal tool here:

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp/feedback

You can also link them this

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin...

When you ship internationally using eBay International Shipping, you're responsible for sending the item your buyer purchased safely to the US shipping hub. If a buyer reports that an item was lost or damaged during international shipping or it is damaged at the hub, we'll work with the buyer to resolve the issue. You're protected from:

• The obligation to refund the buyer
  • eBay Money Back Guarantee cases
  • Payment disputes
  • Open 'Not as described' returns in your service metrics
  • Negative or neutral feedback related to item handling during international shipping
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Did you message the buyer and tell them the estimated delivery date shown was around 2 months, so they have another month to go.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Ok well then dangit, I don't understand why it wasn't removed! Now when I first tried using the removal system, I incorrectly stated I used GSP, but if this was actually read by a human making the decision, they should have looked at the address and seen that it was through EIS and approved the removal. The two live reps I talked to about it also should have told me it could be removed when they looked at it. I will say that the second rep was much better and although they were a little hard to understand and it was confusing, I want to say I gleamed that they were saying I just have to wait for the item to be delivered before I can get it removed at this point. Estimated delivery could be up to April 19th so  guess I just have to wait and remember to keep checking to see if it's delivered. I just didn't want that neg to be on my record and for buyers to see it for all that time... hoped I could get it removed now under the circumstances but I guess that just not ow it will work in this case, unless you are saying you believe I should be able to get it removed regardless of whether it has been delivered?

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Contact eBay on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/ebayforbusiness

Explain the situation that they are unhappy with eBay's international shipping program and that the problem is outside of your control. Also inform them that eBay's own policies show seller protection from these feedback, that you did your part the item was shipped and delivered to the hub on time.

You can still get it removed if the removal tool denied you.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

The OP, I believe, is the seller.  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

That address appears to be that of eBay's freight forwarding service.  eBay International Shipping Service.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply