cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wanted an exchange but hasn't sent back the item yet

Buyer bought an item from me and requested a return because it didn't fit her. I offered her an exchange for a different size and she accepted. She asked if I can ship out the item at the same time she ships back the wrong size because she wanted to wear it for an upcoming event. Although I preferred receiving the item first, I said ok and that I would send it once I receive tracking info. A few days later, she asked I received tracking. It did not show as shipped in the return case so I said no I did not. It's been 7 days now and the event she wanted to wear the item to has passed. It's still not showing as shipped in the return case and my paypal funds are still pending.

Is there a time limit on when the buyer needs to ship the item by? If I never receive the item, when can I close this case?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Your buyer had 5 business days to put the return in the mail. Now the return will automatically close 30 business days after it was started.

But you can call sooner to say that the return was not sent to get it closed.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you. She finally sent it, but the shirt has clearly been worn and washed (smells like detergent) and there's a small stain on it. What can I do in this situation? 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You have no recourse against your buyer.  Either refund her money in full or send her thenew sized item.  I'd refund. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@oat_milk wrote:

Thank you. She finally sent it, but the shirt has clearly been worn and washed (smells like detergent) and there's a small stain on it. What can I do in this situation? 

It seems to me that she passed her 5 day deadline to return. Not only that, but it is not in the condition it was sent to her. It's now damaged by the buyer,

I would call Ebay and tell them what happened and ask them to close the case while you're on the phone with them.

IMO you owe the buyer nothing.

@oat_milk

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@oat_milk wrote:

You could always just ship the same item back to her.

KIDDING KIDDING

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 6 of 6
latest reply