cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer returns Coverlet but wants another which I have but Case only lets me refund her. Is there ano

Buyer want Coverlet I have and has returned the “incorrect” one. Both Calvin Klein and both have orig label with same color listed except one is gray and one dark blue. Case was opened and it looks like I can only refund her. She would rather me just send her the replacement. How do I solve without getting EBAY involved?

virgil.    Finestfindings

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Buyer returns Coverlet but wants another which I have but Case only lets me refund her. Is there

But Bet - Return for refund. The time it would take you to replace - the buyer does not have to send you anything back - so you will be OUT two times in shipping costs and an additional item. Just have them open a case return for refund - and they can purchase the other color from you if they want to. There has been too many problems with the "replacement" of items being sent out - they are not received, also something wrong with them, the buyer never sends back the original item.

RETURN FOR REFUND
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Buyer returns Coverlet but wants another which I have but Case only lets me refund her. Is there

Thanks for your response. Buyer was very communicative about wanting the blue Coverlet. (We also found the reason for the problem, both coverlets are CALVIN Klein an look same in plastic covering) she did return the item 12/24 but wanted to know why replacement hadn’t been sent. I explained it was because of the case pending where I only had option of refunding.

i mailed out the replacement covering today as she had pleasantly messaged me several times. Then I called EBay to see how to close the case. They explained they would note in file that replacement was sent today and when received by custome they would close case.

Thanks however or your kind response.

virgil

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I wouldn't trust that this is going to solve your problem.  You should have refunded MINUS all shipping costs you incurred.  It was a remorse return.  Then if she still wanted to have the other she could purchase it.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Do not trust Ebay CS. If one of their stupid bots notices that first item was returned they may automatically refund her. You will be out the money and the item. I hope you have a honest buyer, she sounds ok.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Tell her you don't have the option for an exchange. But you can set up a new listing and she can then purchase it. Give her a time that the listing will go live and your title for an easy search.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Too late~~OP already shipped out the replacement blue one.  At $28.00 shipping apiece the OP lost a bundle in shipping.  I don't know if the OP  was gullible enough to pay return shipping on the 1st one as well?  I don't know if these were heavy or large enough to actually cost $28.00 shipping?  OP has low feedback but will learn soon enough that sweet talk from a customer means nothing~~they can and will turn on you like a snake.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply