cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opened a ISNAD case and returned an empty box

So a buyer opened a case saying the item he bought was not what was pictured (Even though I clearly listing it in big BOLD RED letters that it doesnt include a controller and its used to demo my product) 

Anyways I know these are impossible to fight so I just accepted it, today I get the package back and its empty. It was still sealed up with tape so I know it wasnt lost during transit, the buyer scammed me. 

What can I do in this situation? Thanks for any tips! 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

So sorry this happened to you.

You can report the buyer to eBay. Hopefully if the buyer continues to engage in this illegal conduct (postal fraud) and are reported multiple times by multiple sellers that eBay will suspend their account or ban them.

You can also file a complaint with IC3 (Internet Crime Center Complaint) by following the link below:

https://www.ic3.gov/

Last but not least you should add the buyer to your blocked buyers list.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@3d-expressions 

File mail fraud and a police report and use those reports to appeal the case, after the buyer is refunded.

Also report the buyer for abusing the MBG.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@3d-expressions I'm so sorry you were scammed. I do hope you take the time to report this person. The more reports they receive, the better the chances their buying account will get flagged and taken down. Depending on the amount of this transaction you may also want to file a police report to get something in writing against them. You have their name and address from the sale, there may even be a phone number so you can report them in other places as well. If people don't follow through on reporting these scammers, they will be emboldened to continue to do this to others. Best of luck to you....

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Here is what you do when fraud happens.  You follow these steps exactly and it is the experience of sellers here that often eBay makes you whole.

When Fraud Happens22.png

Message 5 of 5
latest reply