cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP HELP HELP

I was searching for a stove part on a Sunday night.  Accidentally clicked buy on the ebay site I haven't used for years.  Requested it cancelled within minutes.  This morning I get a note from the company (once it was reviewed) who DECLINED the request and went ahead and ordered the UPS shipping anyway.  Who does that?  The company has a 5 star rating.  I've spent my entire morning trying to get ahold of them as we no longer live at the address that's listed.  They have not, and are not contacting me back.   Why do you think they'd want to ruin their 5 star rating by creating such a negative experience?  This is just BAD business.  If I don't hear back from them by 1:00pm my time (which is less than 1 hour from now), I'll be contacting the BBB and my credit card company.  Does anyone know how to get ahold of eBAY customer support?  I'm saving ALL the documents I have showing my steps to get this rectified before UPS even has a chance to show up at their company 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

HELP HELP HELP

You accidentally bought it then did you accidentally pay as well? (because you said your were contacting your credit card company)

" I've spent my entire morning trying to get ahold of them as we no longer live at the address that's listed. "

The other thing you need to do is correct your account mailing address for future use.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

HELP HELP HELP

First it takes more than one click to buy. You have to also click the confirm button. Then you have to go on to click pay and confirm that.  So, it's not like you bump the keyboard or mouse and you have purchased items.  You can always resell the item on eBay yourself if you don't want it. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

HELP HELP HELP

@brilliantp_93 

A buyer can only request to have an order canceled, but it's up to the seller if they want to cancel.

Calling CS won't do much good because they won't cancel the order.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

HELP HELP HELP

@simba6 wrote:

First it takes more than one click to buy. You have to also click the confirm button. Then you have to go on to click pay and confirm that.  So, it's not like you bump the keyboard or mouse and you have purchased items.  You can always resell the item on eBay yourself if you don't want it. 

...then you have to click onto "pay with PayPal" (if you used PayPal) and click yet again to confirm the sale from that end.

If you did not use PayPal and just went through with your CC...well that is even more keystrokes than clicks...

@brilliantp_93 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

HELP HELP HELP

You are going to contact the BBB for a mistake YOU made?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

HELP HELP HELP

@brilliantp_93 wrote:

Why do you think they'd want to ruin their 5 star rating by creating such a negative experience? 

You are violating the name and shame policy on the boards, you will want to self report your post.

At this point the "negative" experience is on you, not the seller.

Buying is a multiple step process including going to ebay, signing in, searching, finding, clicking on, clicking the "buy" button, and paying.

The seller is not required to cancel your order nor may it be possible.

It is your responsibility as a buyer to have the proper shipping address and a safe place for delivery.

Abusing the MBG or feedback policy is not a good idea either as you imply you might.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

HELP HELP HELP

You realize that you're admitting to committing credit card fraud, right?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

HELP HELP HELP

I tried to edit this-

(because you said your were contacting your credit card company)

and instead got the inane post flooding violation and couldn't edit.

This is so silly!

-------------
Posting ID
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

HELP HELP HELP

@wesk_36 wrote:

I tried to edit this-

(because you said your were contacting your credit card company)

and instead got the inane post flooding violation and couldn't edit.

This is so silly!

Hi Community Manager, wondering how could it possibly be "post flooding" if you're editing the one, single post you just wrote? Please explain, thanks.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply