cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Scams me out of $237.24 I Have till the 24th to refund what To Do....

Just had a 29 feedback buyer send back a different USED and beat up digital door lock claiming I sent wrong one..is total LIE by the way.I opened it up at PO in front of Postmaster for proof which he confirmed what I received back and is willing to tell Ebay by phone.....now the item was 237.24 new sent to them and now I have a box of junk back...Ebay phone calls have been no help even though the girl (in the USA) believes me that they are pulling the old switcheroo she said what she can do is limited.The jerk buyer even posted a photo to ebay with his POS attached to the door already saying "he didn't realize the lock was wrong before he attached it"..COME ON! His door is red and there is red paint on the lock he sent back as well as missing the keys and its plastic where ours we sent was all metal.He also sent back the owners manuals which are the exact ones we sent him..but he said we sent wrong item..then how did he get the manuals he sent back..they have the same bends and creases for anyone to see. A 10 year old club house lawyer could argue this case an win in court.I will be filing a case with the BBB if they still give him my money back..they can give him their money but If I loose out BBB will hear and might call his police and file a report of mail fraud..I have the time and will make this **bleep** my hobby for a while..Just sick of this place taking dirt bag buyers over honest sellers! So anybody have luck with Ebay winning over a fraudulent returns buyer with this much evidence in my favor??

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Buyer Scams me out of $237.24 I Have till the 24th to refund what To Do....

So Ebay refunded this **bleep** my money today and now we are out a lock valued at over 300.00 plus the money we spent on shipping it back to us and all the time I waisted proofing (well trying in ebay's canned investigation) my case with photo's and Postal inspectors witness testimony (if they called them as I asked ) EBAY doesen't care..they take the word of a **bleep** theif-29 feedback buyer over a trusted seller with a 99.9% Customer satisfaction rating who pays them over $1000.00 a month in selling fees and we have 3 id's here making them money as well.

Filed a BBB report today and will be phasing this place out of our business model asap....

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Update 4/24/2020

After complaint to the BBB I was refunded the money which is good, but the **bleep** thief was still able to do the return Quote Ebay "under ebay's return policy"...I wish I could post his name here and everywhere so people know what he is and what he does...I'm glad I was refunded the money because Ebay valued me a seller but I had to go there (BBB) before they did..hummm

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

I'm glad you were refunded, but eBay shouldn't let the thief get away with it. They need to start helping thieves get put out of business. He should be banned from eBay and pursued on fraud charges. smh

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@koinonia215 wrote:

Do as some others have suggested. Going to the BBB won't do anything. You can also file a suit in small claims court. And as far as opening anything up in front of a postal employee, ebay doesn't care and won't even consider that.

Yes, there are a lot of cases.  I had a similar situation.  I opened a return in front of the postal employee and let her know immediately it was a fraud.  She referred me to the Postal Inspector and I filed a report.  I also reported it to the local police and FBI via their internet scam site.  eBay did not care and automatically decided in favor of the buyer/scammer.  All of the work we did was seemingly for nothing.  

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Good luck. The police are not going to do jack squat.

I was expecting a $350 transceiver that weighed 12 lbs and received a box that was half the size of the radio and it only weighed a few ounces. I took the unopened package to the police because I was being scammed to open it in front of them and file a report. They shook their head and wouldn't get involved or take a report.  

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Oh gosh, I just noticed this thread was started months ago.  It should be locked by now. 

Message 21 of 21
latest reply