cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Scams me out of $237.24 I Have till the 24th to refund what To Do....

Just had a 29 feedback buyer send back a different USED and beat up digital door lock claiming I sent wrong one..is total LIE by the way.I opened it up at PO in front of Postmaster for proof which he confirmed what I received back and is willing to tell Ebay by phone.....now the item was 237.24 new sent to them and now I have a box of junk back...Ebay phone calls have been no help even though the girl (in the USA) believes me that they are pulling the old switcheroo she said what she can do is limited.The jerk buyer even posted a photo to ebay with his POS attached to the door already saying "he didn't realize the lock was wrong before he attached it"..COME ON! His door is red and there is red paint on the lock he sent back as well as missing the keys and its plastic where ours we sent was all metal.He also sent back the owners manuals which are the exact ones we sent him..but he said we sent wrong item..then how did he get the manuals he sent back..they have the same bends and creases for anyone to see. A 10 year old club house lawyer could argue this case an win in court.I will be filing a case with the BBB if they still give him my money back..they can give him their money but If I loose out BBB will hear and might call his police and file a report of mail fraud..I have the time and will make this **bleep** my hobby for a while..Just sick of this place taking dirt bag buyers over honest sellers! So anybody have luck with Ebay winning over a fraudulent returns buyer with this much evidence in my favor??

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer Scams me out of $237.24 I Have till the 24th to refund what To Do....

Sorry this happened to you. 

1. Contact the buyer and state that you did not receive the item back, instead you received a different lock than you sent, but received your manuals back so it is quite obvious they received your model. I would even tell them that you opened in front of a postal worker, so you have evidence of what they returned. If they respond denying they sent the wrong thing, state that you will have filed fraud, theft and internet crime reports, so the Post Office, FBI and police might be reaching out to them.

2. File a police report for theft either online or with your local police station or by calling your local police. eBay has let me use a police report as evidence before.

3. File a mail fraud report with USPS.

4. File an internet crime complaint - https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

5. Once you have copies of filed complaints and reports with associated numbers, contact eBay via phone/email to appeal.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

You may want to contact the buyer and ask if they sent the wrong item by mistake.  If they fail to reply or say it was the right item start  making reports.  Make a report for fraud through USPS, then call the police in their town and make a report and get the report number.  You can also report it to  www.ic3.gov.  Let the buyer know you are going to report them for all of this.  If they do not respond make all the reports.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

you should take the package to the police and make a report,do not take no for an answer,You can then appeal the case with ebay,send in the report and you will be reimbursed,it has worked for me twice,

1st you will need to refund the money,get the report and file an appeal

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Thank you I have had fraud returns but nothing at this amount yet surprisingly
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Hi yes I emailed the buyer he is nothing but a Scammer just playing dumb.I told him about the police but I assume he has gotten away with it before and thinks Im going to let it rest....no way!
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

@1tuna wrote:

you should take the package to the police and make a report,do not take no for an answer,

May not always be in your best interests to refuse to take no for an answer & refuse to leave.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Many police depts. have an on-line reporting capability.  Try that before calling them.   Also, don't fail to file the ic3.gov reports, the USPS mail fraud report and finally the ebay buyer misuse of the MBG report.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Sorry this happened to you. 

1. Contact the buyer and state that you did not receive the item back, instead you received a different lock than you sent, but received your manuals back so it is quite obvious they received your model. I would even tell them that you opened in front of a postal worker, so you have evidence of what they returned. If they respond denying they sent the wrong thing, state that you will have filed fraud, theft and internet crime reports, so the Post Office, FBI and police might be reaching out to them.

2. File a police report for theft either online or with your local police station or by calling your local police. eBay has let me use a police report as evidence before.

3. File a mail fraud report with USPS.

4. File an internet crime complaint - https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

5. Once you have copies of filed complaints and reports with associated numbers, contact eBay via phone/email to appeal.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

I would never refuse to leave but you can sure contact the DA and find out whats up with an officer not wanting to take a report.the police do not make the rules any more than a USPS employee does.I would never stand for a brush off by an officer,it what you pay taxes for.

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Do as some others have suggested. Going to the BBB won't do anything. You can also file a suit in small claims court. And as far as opening anything up in front of a postal employee, ebay doesn't care and won't even consider that.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Sorry to say but EBAY does not and will not care , all they care about is fleecing there sellers with more fees to sell ( its the only way they can make a profit corporate greed thru and thru ), I have had items with different serial numbers sent back to me and EBAY does nothing ..... they sell you on seller protection what a joke THERE IS NONE ...seller beware , that’s been my experience 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Do NOT listen to what any Ebay rep says, you CANNOT fight a return...you can however fight on appeal. If the buyer opened a SNAD you MUST refund them and then deal with the issue after the fact. If the buyer is claiming innocence make sure and file a mail fraud report, a police report and a internet crime report. Appeal to Ebay providing those return numbers and proof that you have via whatever the buyer has sent you and hopefully Ebay will refund you.

If you listen to some ditsy rep though you will wind up being forced to refund and will receive a defect. Most of them will just tell you whatever you want to hear to get you off the phone. Anytime dealing with the buyers don't sound accusatory though, remain polite and just inform them this is not what you sent and inquire if a mistake was made. Generally they will not answer or will play stupid to which you inform them a switch happened and you will be filling these reports. One or two reports against someone will likely not amount to anything...however if they are routinely ripping people off and enough people file reports NO MATTER the amount of the item then they'll catch attention. Some people only care when it's a higher priced item...I would do the same even if it was a $5 item solely on principal but then again I hate theives!
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

funny thing when i received and different item with a different serial number ....... and there were pics on my listing of the serial number ................... ebay states you can't prove that is what you sent .......WOW your feedback rep means NOTHING HAHAHA its all a joke on us our feedback means nothing to them  JOKE ON US FOR ONCE AGAIN BELIEVING EBAY ( seller protection BIGGEST JOKE EVER ) , back to the story , finally customer replies and states send him pic of wrong serial number and accuses me of being a pain and then states i need to pay for all the shipping i mention this to ebay , they stated case closed as you can not prove WHAT A FREAKING JOKE 

by the way there is a line in ebays policy that says something like this " we are aloud to loosely apply our policies when ruling on a case  " which means to me and my experiences ..... SELLER BEWARE , i know read buyers feedback left for others if i see what i consider abuse , i cancel bids and block then , and if i sell thing for parts i email and what for a response to make sure they know what they have purchased " picture shoppers ----because they can return those items for not reading the listings again  MY EXPERIENCES .................... ENJOY YOUR SELLER PROTECTION great joke  LMAO.................. 

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

It is a joke, you can fight on appeal though and have a 50/50 chance of getting a refund hopefully though. Most definitely sellers should never list anything they can't quite literally afford to lose because for all the lip service Ebay provides to sellers in the form of protection we all know it's a joke!

Have no mercy on **bleep** buyers though, make sure to also report the buyer for abuse of the MBG, enough reports believe it or not some buyers actually do get booted from that. I dealt with one there last year and Ebay would not protect her scamming behind so she was at my mercy...very rare case though lol!
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Thanks for all the help to my dilemma I will be vigilent so far the case is on Hold for the moment

Message 15 of 21
latest reply