cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best and Cheapest Domestic Shipping Carriers in the US?!

Hey eBayers!

I've tried to find a good courier company in the US for cheap rates and good services, but get so frustrated.

I've get ton of companies and tried to contact them to know the rates but no reply, and if replyed they need details of a certain shipment, they claims that they can't give a roughly cost. I've tried to check the USPS online services to get an idea about the average prices, but everytime I try with a random zip codes and the system shows me messages that the service is not available or something like that..

I believe that there is many courier companies which provides domestic services for competible and affordable prices for few bucks!

Anyone could help and recomend a good shipping company, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Best and Cheapest Domestic Shipping Carriers in the US?!

naizak I believe that there is many courier companies which provides domestic services for competible and affordable prices for few bucks!

Anyone could help and recomend a good shipping company, it would be appreciated. 

That I know of, USPS is still the best deal out there. FedEx Smartpost was good, but they are now more expensive than USPS Priority, and they used USPS anyway for their deliveries.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

In the US we primarily use major carriers- USPS, FedEx and UPS. There are a few other newer carriers but they are pretty bad and have horrible reputations. USPS is going to be the cheapest option unless you are selling large heavy goods. Also if you are a seller, I don’t think eBay recognizes tracking from the other carrier (such as ontrac and laser ship) so you wouldn’t have seller protection if you used them. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the reply.

So could you please tell me which service is the lowest price from the dropdown list shown in the attached picture!

Appreciate your help 🙂

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Those are all USPS services, but there are various weight and content restrictions that limit most of them.

For instance, Media Mail is restricted to books and other media that have no advertising in them (except for the publisher itself). Magazines don't qualify.

First Class Package has an upper weight limit of 1 pound if you buy postage online, but 13 ounces if you buy postage at the post office counter.

Parcel Select is relatively cheap, but also very slow.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Parcel select is usually around the same price as priority mail, there are a few exceptions I think when it comes to big heavy parcels. So it’s usually better to ship priority. Plus priority comes with $50 insurance. First class can be used on packages that weigh up to 15.99oz so it’s good for smaller light weight items, I ship first class 90% of the time and my buyers get their items within 3 business days 99% of the time even if they are on the opposite side of the country.  Priority express is overnight shipping (usually). It’s very expensive. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I noticed that the "priority mail" is the lowest! but still not fair to charge the buyer that cost! it's really costly! and it's cheaper to use the ePacket from China rather than the Domestic USPS  services!

So is it really the lowest prices I can get ever in the US!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You should just ignore the Zone 9 prices.  USPS created Zone 9 to include a few remote Pacific islands with a total population roughly equal to Indianapolis.

I don't know why you think Priority Mail prices are 'unfair".  As noted in another post, they are the best price for most packages. Exceptions include packages that are under 1 pounds, are eligible for Media Mail, or that are over 1 cubic foot or over 18 pounds.

If you set up your listing with calculated shipping, then your listing will charge each buyer the correct postage rate for their Zone.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

It's not fair because when I ship parcel of 2lbs from China to the US, it's gonna cost me less than when I ship locally! when I'm planing to sell my item for $9.99 .. then there is no domestic service can do it; but Chinese ePacket service!

Maybe it's better to target a higher price products.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

NA..

E-packet!!!!You cannot compare that service to USA mail.   Don't you know  that  E-packet came about because of  some lunatic in  the US Governent  who made an insane deal  with  China  to  allow  China  to  ship  to the US  for practically nothing!  It is a  complete rip-off  for the  American  public---and  for  the US Post Office---which is now  running in the  red. 

I can't  believe that you  live in  China yourself  and  do not know  all  about this.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 10
latest reply