cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to pay less for shipping?

I do not have a store.  I sell around 10 items per month.

The minimum price I pay for shipping any item is $2.61.  Is there anyway to pay less?

I recently received my diploma in a mailing tube and they paid only $1.60 to send that to me.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Any way to pay less for shipping?

Shipping is determined by weight, distance and the shipping method used.  I believe that $2.61 is the lowest rate for a First Class Parcel.  I also believe that that is the lowest rate that gives you tracking. I'm not familiar with how educational institutions mail out diplomas or what type of rates they have to pay.  However, I suggest that you do not skip the tracking on your shipments to save a few cents unless you can take the loss of items if INR claims are filed.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

As someone who routinely pays between $50 and $75 to ship items and is forced to pay for return shipping from dishonest buyers, I'd be thrilled to pay less than $3 for shipping. 🙂

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Well, like Dennis said, you can pick an ill-advised service that saves a few cents which doesn't come with tracking, and is usually slower, or you can sell a lot more and earn a discount.  The second one is how most of us save.  I do know there are special business accounts with UPS/USPS, but I'm not familiar with the specifics.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@sunland_marketplace wrote:

I do not have a store.  I sell around 10 items per month.

The minimum price I pay for shipping any item is $2.61.  Is there anyway to pay less?

I recently received my diploma in a mailing tube and they paid only $1.60 to send that to me.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Look's like you have already gotten the rock bottom price under the program with in eBay selling...security in orders that go to return or refund help is in your court...with in eBay shipping...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Buyer's have paid the shipping on 70% of your recent sales.

On the "free shiping" items,  just roll a few cents more in on the price to cover some shipping.

As suggested........   stick with a service that provides tracking. (proof of delivery):smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 6
latest reply