cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I Out Of Luck For Doing The Right Thing?

Several months ago a purchased an item from a seller, which arrived in a timely manner and I was satisfied with. A couple months later, I receive a package out of the blue with something that I did not order. After a bit of research, I discovered that the same seller had sent it to me by mistake. I contacted him and let him know what had happened and offered to ship it the rest of the way to its destination if he provided me with a label. He said he couldn't get me a label but would reimburse me if I sent it the rest of the way. I agreed, he provided me with the address, and I sent it on its way. After I had seen from the tracking that it arrived at its intended destination, I contacted him again requesting reimbursement. He said he would do so the next day but did not. Several days later I sent him another message reminding him but have not yet received a response. Do I have any recourse through eBay to hold him accountable for this if he never reimburses me or am I out of luck for doing the right thing?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Am I Out Of Luck For Doing The Right Thing?

You are out of luck.  How much did you spend? 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Theres nothing you can do..I had the very same thing happen to me years ago..but I waited until the seller PP'd me the shipping money before I sent it on.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Ever hear of "no good deed goes unpunished"? There is a reason that saying exists. I would send them a PayPal Invoice and see if they pay it. Sometimes that strikes a nerve where emails go by the wayside. You have his email addy since you purchased from him.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

The "right thing" would have been to protect your own interests by getting compensation BEFORE you reshipped the item.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I know what I would do, but I can't say it here.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Send him a money request through PayPal.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@sam9876 wrote:

I know what I would do, but I can't say it here.

I was wondering too if there was anything the OP could do to get compensated from the same seller they bought from before.    I wonder ...... Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Your bad! But I think we all thought it 😈

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Not much, less than $10.00. It's more about the principle of the thing. Guess I learned a lesson.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Wow. I am really sorry the seller is treating you like this.  On behalf of honest sellers and buyers....Thank YOU for doing a good deed.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 11 of 11
latest reply