cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A customer is harassing me about a package stuck at the USPO facility

There's a customer who keeps emailing me about a package that's "in transit" and has been since December 4.  There's nothing I can do but file a missing mail report.  She HAS NOT asked for a refund.  Should I just ignore her ongoing emails?

Tracking number 9400108205497374004881

Tracking number created November 28, 06:03PM

Chicago, IL

December 04, 12:00AM
I filed a missing mail report, and am writing the facility.  There's nothing more to do.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I didn't miss it all (and I'm only telling you how the system here works).

You filing anything with the carrier means nothing. 

Buyer buys, Buyer gets or Seller Refunds.

It's all pretty simple and a package not delivering is 100% on the Seller. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

From Ebay:  Customer just opened a request.  THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THE PACKAGE BEING STUCK IN THE USPS FACILITY!!!

The woman keeps emailing me, now EB is emailing me.  As soon as this is resolved I'm going to block her.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

You can block now if desired. No need to wait.

As you have been in a transaction they will still be able to communicate for a while.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I assume you already called USPS and talked to someone and asked them where is the package and why the package is stuck in the PO system?   Usually, they will locate the package in a few days and then it's on it's way.  At least that's the way it's worked for most of my packages.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Customer is NOT harrassing you. They paid for their 'thing' and for the 'shipping' of the thing and tracking shows the item has gone NO WHERE. 

You NEED to be helping this customer- not just saying 'nothing I can do'. So, if it is 1 day past the last estimated date, the customer can open a 'refund' for 'not recieved' at which time you have to give them (ebay) the tracking number- if they determine it's been too long then YOU HAVE TO REFUND before eBay does or they will just do it for you and then you get dinged for not taking care of your cusotmer. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I live in Chicago, the package is stuck in St. Louis.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

you missed the part where I wrote the USPS and put in a missing mail report?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

When was this missing mail report sent online?  Today?  According to the tracking it does not say "CASE OPENED" or "MISSING MAIL CASE OPENED"  When I call the phone number and talk to someone the tracking info usually updated and shows "CASE OPENED" or something like that in the updated tracking info.  I guess they don't do that for this case or they have not updated yet?

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I didn't miss it all (and I'm only telling you how the system here works).

You filing anything with the carrier means nothing. 

Buyer buys, Buyer gets or Seller Refunds.

It's all pretty simple and a package not delivering is 100% on the Seller. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I have had the experience where the tracking showed the package entering a PO facility and processing through the facility and then finally leaving the facility.  Sometimes it could take 4-6 days.  Now with the holiday season, who knows?  maybe extra 2-3 days? 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

When we get a customer getting anxious about their delivery we promptly address their concern and do a package research case with USPS. We tell them we are on it and will be communicating with them regarding the shipment. Usually if you stay with the customer and help them with this issue they will wait a bit longer for the package to arrive. Just be kind considerate, acknowledge their feelings and if you do the missing mail search if the package is stuck it usually gets unstuck and moving after the package search. If all else fails tell the customer you will be refunding them if package does not arrive to them shortly. You can then do a package recall and hopefully they can locate it and return it before it gets delivered to the customer. Try to get the customer to wait if you can.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

So, enter the tracking number into the item not received case so ebay can see the parcel is still in transit. Your buyer is definately anxious right now. Do respond to the buyer and help them fell less anxious as you try to get the package unstuck and moving. Do not consider your customer a pest, they just want their item.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Thanks, that's right!  I remember now, "Package Research Case"  is what it should say on the USPS Tracking after you call the Post Office phone number and talk to someone about your package stalling in shipment.  

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

OP problem here with that is.......................  eBay can see the parcel shows no movement in 12 days 😞

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Yup, that's it. A "missing mail report" just generates a continued automated bot response with no real action taken by anyone................................ about as useless as.....................  oh, I can't post that here

Message 15 of 15
latest reply