cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A buyer's product arrived with black ink all over it

So I had a buyer recently order a container of protein powder from my store. I packed the item in flawless condition and the package itself was also in clean condition. It was then shipped to his address. However, once the package arrives, the buyer sends me a message saying his package was covered in a black substance that looks like maybe ink or paint. The buyer also complains that there isn't a scoop spoon included in the product (the product description is clear and states an order only contains the protein powder itself). He sends pictures to back himself up about the black "ink", and he's telling the truth. I see that the protein powder container is sealed, so there is no way it was the powder (plus, protein powder isn't black and wet). I believe the buyer is just trying to scam me and get his money back. So, I send him a message (without accusations) explaining that it wouldn't be possible for the product to spill since its sealed, and that the shipping packages are sealed as well. I also tell him I will contact eBay about this (which I haven't. Yet.)

So here's where it gets weird: The buyer responds to my message and says he is overall happy with the transaction but his only complaint is that a scoop isn't included? He apparently isn't concerned with the black substance covering his product.

What do I do now?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

To keep your buyer happy

Offer your buyer a scoop at a really good price.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ignore him. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Tell him to use a measuring spoon. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It sounds like someone else didn't pack their item well. It happens sometimes. Once FedEx delivered their SmartPost pallet with what turned out to be shelf stable Rice Milk making a line in the door and across the floor. Several boxes were soaked (yet FedEx would take no responsibility for the damage).

As for the scoop if it was a sealed container then that was a mistake made in the manufacturer of the product, or perhaps it has shifted to the bottom. He meerly needs to find out what the common measure the scoop is.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Give them $2 so they can buy a stoopid scoop and leave you alone.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you so much
Message 7 of 7
latest reply