cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS is no longer available!!!

For example, http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=tablet&_rss=1 no longer shows an RSS feed. This significantly impacts my visibility of items for sale.
The following RSS link format no longer works either:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/rss/?_ipg=200&_nkw=tablet&_rss=1&rt=nc
The links just show search results as you would see in a browser.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: RSS is no longer available!!!

I've been using the same link for 8 yrs to push my new listings to 4 social media platforms which like everyone broke 4/6 of this month.  Using the www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html?    anyone know how to just search by seller name?  Used to you could advanced search, by seller name only, latest items and hit search that would give me what I needed once I added &_rss=1 to it.

Message 31 of 52
latest reply

My best guess is
https://www.ebay.com/dsc/m.html?_ssn=newegg&_osacat=0&_nkw=laptop&_sacat=0&_rss=1
It would search for laptops in the newegg user store. I didn't compare the web search with the RSS though.

Message 32 of 52
latest reply

Thank you, jeffcarlyle !

Message 33 of 52
latest reply

I think it might be broken permanently now.

Message 34 of 52
latest reply

I guess the only way now is to use the API to generate RSS.

Message 35 of 52
latest reply

This no longers works as of June, ugh!!! Not again!

Message 36 of 52
latest reply

Any workaround no longer works as of June, why does eBay keep killing such a useful tool?

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

@evilhanz wrote:

Since my original reply, I've written a tool to parse search results and return a valid RSS feed that I am hosting on my website for personal use. If RSS on eBay goes away for good, I'll put it out on GitHub.

@evilhanz it looks like the workaround no longer works - I'm guessing there would be a few who would be grateful for you to put that tool out on GitHub right about now.

Message 38 of 52
latest reply

It appears that searches that begin with ebay.com/dsc are no longer working the way that they have in the past. Not sure if this is something eBay has changed on purpose or just an unwanted side effect of another change. In a possibly related development, many old saved searches and Advanced Search page features have stopped working.

Searches that begin with ebay.com/sch are still working, but apparently those are not compatible with RSS feeds.

It may be possible to use a similar /dsc/ search on another non- ebay.com site such as ebay.ca or ebay.com.au in order to keep using the RSS feed, though the prices may be shown in a different currency.

Message 39 of 52
latest reply

Even if it still works on other ebay sites, it's clearly just a matter of time when they kill it completely.

Message 40 of 52
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

It appears that searches that begin with ebay.com/dsc are no longer working the way that they have in the past. Not sure if this is something eBay has changed on purpose or just an unwanted side effect of another change. In a possibly related development, many old saved searches and Advanced Search page features have stopped working.

Searches that begin with ebay.com/sch are still working, but apparently those are not compatible with RSS feeds.

It may be possible to use a similar /dsc/ search on another non- ebay.com site such as ebay.ca or ebay.com.au in order to keep using the RSS feed, though the prices may be shown in a different currency.

Good call @eburtonlab ! It does look like it's still working for other sites.  I tried eBay UK for example 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/dsc/i.html?_ipg=200&_nkw=tablet&_rss=1&rt=nc 

Given what you've found about /dsc/ searches not working right now for saved search and advanced search as well, hopefully it's an unintended side effect that will be fixed at some point, not an intentional change.

Message 41 of 52
latest reply

Those /dsc/ searches now appear to be working for me again on ebay.com -- you may want to check if they still work with RSS.

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

Those /dsc/ searches now appear to be working for me again on ebay.com -- you may want to check if they still work with RSS.

Thanks @eburtonlab - the /dsc/ rss links are working again too!

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

Yeah, it's working again. Using ebay.co.uk or other regional sites kinda sucks as they mostly show listings from the corresponding regions, and there's no way to change it via the parameters.

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

/dsc/ feeds on ebay.co.uk have stopped working as of last night.

Message 45 of 52
latest reply